Why become a member? ×

5 STRING FRETLESS -Sensible offers accepted

whynot

Hi All.
Picked this up as part of a trade/purchase on some gear outside of Basschat but have no use for this as I'm a lefty. Would keep it otherwise.
My son who is a keen guitarist was interested so originally was going to keep for him but the interest was short lived.
Don't know much about the bass but is made in Indonesia. Has the brand name Palmer B-05. Currently trying to find more info.
Appears to have hardly been played when I got it but has very minor marks just on the body.
Passive Vol/Vol/Tone. Small body, not at all bulky. Neck is nice to play. A suprisingly nice tone although the strings are probably original and could do with something of better quality.
No gigbag I'm afraid.
Was looking for close to £80 but open to non-silly offers.
Guessing postage will be around £20.00.
Thanks for looking.

Edited by whynot

Don't evilBay it, this seems to be a hell of a lot of bass for the money.

Any more details on this? Also, some more pictures would go down a treat, especially with me.

How does it play? Any noise issues? How's the neck? Is it neck-thru (i.e. pics from the back?)? How's the hardware? What's the state of the fredboard like? Any significant wear? It looks like it could use a little TLC, with some lemon oil (which I would be more than happy to administer by the way :) ). Any dings in the body? Etc etc etc.

Also I'm in Kent as well (Maidstone), is meeting up/drop off an option?

Sorry for all the questions, do feel more than welcome to PM me.

Cheers mate.

Craig.

[quote name='cm261' post='800469' date='Apr 9 2010, 02:08 AM']Don't evilBay it, this seems to be a hell of a lot of bass for the money.

Any more details on this? Also, some more pictures would go down a treat, especially with me.

How does it play? Any noise issues? How's the neck? Is it neck-thru (i.e. pics from the back?)? How's the hardware? What's the state of the fredboard like? Any significant wear? It looks like it could use a little TLC, with some lemon oil (which I would be more than happy to administer by the way :) ). Any dings in the body? Etc etc etc.

Also I'm in Kent as well (Maidstone), is meeting up/drop off an option?

Sorry for all the questions, do feel more than welcome to PM me.

Cheers mate.

Craig.[/quote]
Hi Craig,
I'll probably take some more pictures anyway (as these are a bit dark) if I Ebay it so will post on here before doing so.
Really don't know much about this bass. There are a couple of reviews on Harmony Central which may be helpful.
Plays nice. Could do with a setup I guess but plays fine to me as it is in my lefty style.
No noise issues from what I can make out. Roll off the highs and a nice thick punchy fretless. As I said the strings could be improved on. Bolt-on.
I'm guessing no more than 3 years old as the amp I bought with it is about that age and I understand it was all purchased together.
Almost zero wear. No fretboard wear. The couple of minor marks on body are from just sitting around doing nothing. Will include in pictures. PM me your email address and I'll forward those.
Sure we can arrange something if you want it re meeting.
Thanks Alan

Edited by whynot

If I get time it will go on Ebay tomorrow evening, otherwise Monday, but would rather not.

[quote name='woodyratm' post='807047' date='Apr 15 2010, 12:30 PM']ooh i'm actually tempted by this...[/quote]