Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette

cLepto-bass

Up until late last year the Corvette Standard was made in Germany.
I'm not sure what their business plan is as they have renamed them the Warwick Pro Series made in Korea, stuck a couple of ekanga veneers in the neck and upped the price by about 35% :) - putting them squarely in the US Fender/Musicman and at the top end of Lakland Skylines. The only plus side I can see is that people wanting to sell German-made Corvettes can now ask for more than they paid for them new :rolleyes:

[quote name='XB26354' post='789601' date='Mar 29 2010, 04:36 PM']The only plus side I can see is that people wanting to sell German-made Corvettes can now ask for more than they paid for them new :)[/quote]

That's what I'm planning to do :rolleyes:

[quote name='clauster' post='789606' date='Mar 29 2010, 04:38 PM']That's what I'm planning to do :)[/quote]

What are they likely to go for? I have just bought a second hand German made Corvette off a fellow Basschat member and I am going to feel rotten if I got it for a steal.

[quote name='silddx' post='789617' date='Mar 29 2010, 04:54 PM']News German ones seem to be on sale for nearly double what I paid for mine new last September. Thomann and others are cashing in perhaps?

I love my German Corvettes.[/quote]

I love your German Corvettes. :rolleyes: :)