Why become a member? ×

Selling my Trace Elliot 1248H 4x12" cab

Well this wasn't predicted. Waited for years to get one, got it, loved it only for me to prefer the sound of my Trace 1524 cab. :)

I've only had this a month or so but I'm not going to need it so I've fired it on Ebay.

If any forum members are interested then I am happy to do a deal for it on here rather than incur Egay charges

[url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/Delberthot/m.html?_dmd=1&_in_kw=1&_ipg=50&_sop=1&_rdc=1"]http://shop.ebay.co.uk/Delberthot/m.html?_...op=1&_rdc=1[/url]

If you're interested then have a read over the auction and PM me. I'm not looking for any trades at this time but may change my mind for the right piece of equipment.

I'm now keen to sell this since I have now located the missing piece of my rig that I have been searching for.

Plenty of people watching the auction but no confirmed offers yet.

If you're interested PM me with an offer. I'd prefer the buyer to collect or meet up somewhere. I can post if necessary but it will be quite pricey.

Just goes to show - "be careful what you wish for!!"

Just out of interest, how would you describe the difference between the two cabs? The "experts" tell us that speakers of a certain size don't have a certain sound... so would you say that it was down to the differences between 12s and 15s?

Edited by Conan

I think the difference in the sound is attributed to the fact that the 2x15" is ported and I believe that the 4x12" is sealed. The 1524 is also in a bigger enclosure which I assume affects the sound. The 4x12" has a horn

Both great cabs, both very loud but there's something about the 1524 that I prefer.

Quite a few diferences - size of enclosure, size of drivers, sealed v ported, horn v no horn.