Why become a member? ×

Samick Thinline Electro/Acoustic bass £195 GONE PENDING

JMT3781

Hey Guys

Ok so i've decided 7 basses is too many, and its time to move on some of the case dwelling wonders that are clattering up my bedroom!
As the title suggests, i am open to sale for the prices i put down, or trades. Trades wise I'm looking specifically for intersting pedals really, but if you have any interesting basses that are cluttering up your bedrooms gimme a shout!!

Something really interesting. A Samick sab-13 electro acoustic bass. I bought this bass when the company that distributed samick in the uk went bust. Basically i went through the catalogue and found something that i had some GAS for. Now 4 years later i have used for a total of One song :)

[url="http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-SAMSAB13.html"]http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-SAMSAB13.html[/url] - here are some details

When i say acoustic i really mean it looks acoustic, it really needs to be plugged in. It has a piezo in the bridge, so is capable of some great sounds, with no feedback at high volume like with many acoustic basses. Perfect for Folk and country, but the excellent eq and preamp makes it versatile also (if you watch KISS symphony Gene Simmons plays one of these in the acoustic section). I used it with a pick and chorus and reverb, played chordally, and it worked nicely. Problems.. One mark on body where wood is discoloured slightly, and two dings on the body that has marked the laquer more than the body, its all pictured anyway.

The retail on this Bass was a massive 449 i think
[b]I'm looking for £195[/b]

As i mentioned earlier, its not that i'm desperate for money, more just bored with some of my gear, and wanna change it into things i'll be intrigued by for a couple of weeks, and this seems a simple way to do it. That aside, if you offer me the money i will take it lol.

Edited by JMT3781

Thats a shame.. spread the word if you know anyone who wants one.. need to have a clear out :rolleyes:

[quote name='tombboy' post='795712' date='Apr 4 2010, 02:02 PM']Just a 1'er for the Westone? :)
If I didn't already have one, I'd have snapped your arm off at that price!!![/quote]

[quote name='cocco' post='796060' date='Apr 4 2010, 10:01 PM']Any idea what the preamp problem could be if there is one? I'm currently bidding on one on eBay. If it goes for any more than this I'll snap it up given that the preamp is ok[/quote]

i think its fine.. i'm just discriminating because its a bit ancient compared to my shuker's preamp lol!