Why become a member? ×

FT feeler - F bass BN5

Rumble

This is a 'for trade' feeler. If the right bass doesn't come along then this can't really go anywhere given that it's the only bass I own (I'm monogamistic in the bass sense!.........and the marriage sense, I should add :) )

I'm really looking for a Marleaux, Smith, MTD or Roscoe 5 (or maybe something comparible) to tempt the F bass away from me.

Bass is in top notch condition with no marks on it that I can see. All in perfect working order. Strung with DR's at the moment. Pretty good chameleon in the tonal sense, providing beefy jazz or P tones from a very flexible preamp.

Let me know if you have anything of potential interest. As I said, really not looking for cash sale unless there's a Smith MTD or Roscoe going elsewhere on the forum. If there is, then I'd probably say £1400ish.

[attachment=45803:IMG_1951__50__.JPG]
[attachment=45804:IMG_1952__50__.JPG]
[attachment=45805:IMG_1953__50__.JPG]
[attachment=45806:IMG_1954__50__.JPG]
[attachment=45807:IMG_1955__50__.JPG]

Edited by Rumble

Had a few offers, but nothing concrete.

On reflection I should point out that the only bass I wouldn't need to do some A/B'ing with would be a Smith, so if you've got any other offers you might want to bear in mind that I'm in the West Midlands; prepared to travel, but within reason (i.e. Aberdeen would be pushing it!)

[quote name='Rumble' post='789991' date='Mar 29 2010, 09:38 PM']Had a few offers, but nothing concrete.

On reflection I should point out that the only bass I wouldn't need to do some A/B'ing with would be a Smith, so if you've got any other offers you might want to bear in mind that I'm in the West Midlands; prepared to travel, but within reason (i.e. Aberdeen would be pushing it!)[/quote]
Can't believe no one has snapped his one up, bargain!

Thanks for the offer, but I can just about deal with 5! My ventures into 6 string territory have never proved that successful.

I should also add, that I've had endless offers of a cash sale from overseas (probably due to the incredibly strong Euro / weak £), so if anyone has an MTD, Roscoe or Smith they want to sell rather than trade, please get in touch. I even had one guy, very kindly, provide me with 4 listings of basses for sale on Talkbass just so I could sell him my Fbass!

Edited by Rumble

[quote name='Rumble' post='796946' date='Apr 5 2010, 10:09 PM']Could also be tempted by a Status, but there doesn't seem to be many of those around either!![/quote]

would you fancy a [url="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=224066304&albumID=1180372&imageID=19615805"]headed S2 fretless[/url] made in March 2003??? Bolt on, walnut boby, mahogany wings & koa top...

Right, I'm coming to the conclusion that a Smith just ain't gonna happen; an MTD has about the same likelihood and a Roscoe might not be the sound I'm looking for afterall........However, something which has caught my eye recently are Marleaux's. Every single one that I've heard seems to have just the sound I'm after, so........anyone out that got a Marleaux they're not using??!!

• 1 month later...