Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD

rakester

I picked this a up a while ago, I planned on giving it a refinish and all sorts but never got round to it. I have another one that is very similar to (might put that one up for sale as well) it and appears to be a 'Craftsman' but the logo is long gone.

The previous owner looks to have poorly refinished it it in a matte black and taken the 'shine' off the back of the neck so it feels more ermm woody organic haha.

Don't expect it to be anything special, it's badly refinished and old. Made In Japan. The plus side is that everything appears to work and the electronics seem fine on it and I'm pretty sure its all original. P bass style, metal dome knobs, 2 ply pick guard and I *believe* the pots are full sized.

It's cheap for a reason but someone can something with it hence why I'm only asking for £30 plus postage (prefer for you to arrange courier) or pickup from birmingham. Or I'm open to swaps as well, anything really. Loads of pics...

Edited by rakester

Looks like potentially a tidy Japcrap P project. Interesting 2-piece neck, don't remember seeing that before.

Do you know if the body's ply or solid timber - or veneered butcher-block, like a lot of JapCrap was.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='787397' date='Mar 26 2010, 08:11 PM']Looks like potentially a tidy Japcrap P project. Interesting 2-piece neck, don't remember seeing that before.

Do you know if the body's ply or solid timber - or veneered butcher-block, like a lot of JapCrap was.

Jon.[/quote]

The neck construction is pretty cool, shame some did a poor DIY finish on it. I believe it's a veneered butcher block like my other one :) It's got a nice weight to it.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='787418' date='Mar 26 2010, 08:27 PM']Has the lacquer been stripped off the neck or just sanded to take the gloss off? If it's not down to the wood, a bit of T-cut will get the shine back.

J.[/quote]

It feels very woody but I'm pretty sure there is some form of lacquer still on it (albeit very thin). It's a refinish project for someone really, looks like it's had years of hard use :)