Why become a member? ×

Im rebuilding a Westone Thunder II and Ive bought machine heads for it, silly me they dont match the bridge. I bought the bridge first (Gotoh 201) and its in a black nickel shade. Then bought these heads thinking they would be the same.....how wrong was I???

So if anyone has any 2x2 dark chrome/ black nickel machine heads and would like to swap for me 2x2 black machine heads (with screws and what not), i would be very happy :)

Ahh, the dreaded Gotoh "cosmo black". I've been caught out the other way - lots of places sell them as black, even though they patently aren't. You should specify the type/size if you're looking for a swap. Just checked a photo online, you're looking for Gotoh GB7 or equivalent.

[quote name='neepheid' post='786882' date='Mar 26 2010, 02:05 PM']Ahh, the dreaded Gotoh "cosmo black". I've been caught out the other way - lots of places sell them as black, even though they patently aren't. You should specify the type/size if you're looking for a swap. Just checked a photo online, you're looking for Gotoh GB7 or equivalent.[/quote]

thanks for the info dude, all i know is that they are unused as they were taken straght off a brand new Tanglewood Rebel.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Anthony Joseph Waczek III' post='806637' date='Apr 14 2010, 10:29 PM']bump, can anyone even source some? im having no luck :)[/quote]

Luthiersupplies.co.uk are selling the cosmo black's for £27.85 (go to catalogue>electric guitar>machineheads and they are a bit down the page (code - GMH418)) It may be worth givving them a call to check if they actually have them in stock

Edited by mrjim