Why become a member? ×

P-Bass

hellothere

The first bass i ever had was a squire p-bass. I never use it anymore for obvious reasons. I dont want to sell it though as its not worth a great deal and as its the first i ever bought itd be kinda nice to keep it. So what I was wondering is what could I do at home, myself, to mod it? Even if it dosn't actually make it a whole lot better id just find it fun and intresting to do. So any suggestions? :)

A change of pickups is probably the most obvious choice, and the one which is most likely to improve the bass, but the world is your oyster. Some players like a heavier bridge (badass/gotoh type), but aside from some more radical surgery, cosmetic changes are very easy to make with the amount of after market parts out there. How about a tort guard and covers for a retro look?

I mean more that it's pretty bad compared to my other guitars.

After making this thread I did actually go and dig it out and it seems the electrics or input jack has messed up on it somehow as it wont work with an amp now.

And I'm not bothered about trying more radical things as it didnt cost me very much so its better i experiment on this than something else.