Why become a member? ×

Zoom B2 1.u

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

Must say,I love this pedal. I only use it for two songs in band situation at present.
Not confident of presets etc.
Anyway , last night I did a gig (which went down really well :) ) and I used the Zoom for the first song that we do.
Switched Zoom back to 'normal setting' ie 1 press on the foot pedal ,and all was well.

In the second set however, the Zoom got 'stuck' and refused to budge from a setting
which I never did (think it was b something). So, just before we were gonna do the next song,
I had to take lead out and play straight bass for rest of the gig.

Of course, I turn on Zoom today, and it's ok :lol:

Good job I wasn't relying on it too much.

Mr. guitar ,had trouble with his fx too :rolleyes: oh, well

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

[quote name='Daquifsta' post='782203' date='Mar 21 2010, 10:32 PM']I have a Zoom B1, which is fairly similar I believe, and the only time I've seen this kind of wierdness was when running on batteries that were getting very low - any help?[/quote]

Thanx for your reply. I too thought that it may be battery related. I know I used mains,but when I checked next day,
there were no batteries in there. I had a daisy chain goin' on tho' . Ac related?

I've pasted this from a thread I made. I think you may have a similar problem. IME Zoom footswitches are sh*t. Everything else is amazing.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='738722' date='Feb 8 2010, 09:30 AM']The footswitches on my B2.1U stopped working properly a while a go. Sometimes they'd stick, sometimes they just wouldn't work. The other day I decided to get off my lazy arse and fix it, so I thought i'd share my findings here.

The foot switches are actually micro switches underneath the things you step on. On my pedal, the poles you step on weren't reaching the micro switches. I searched for ages online looking for a good fix, but it seems people either replace the micro switches, or stick tape onto the poles to make them longer. I didn't feel like either of these were a long term option, as the micro switches seem fragile and tape can come off.

I bought two momentary (non latching) footswitches from maplins. I soldered these to the back of the little PCB which had the micro switches on. Then, I got out the old footswitches and put my new ones in.

The only problem is the little PCB with the micro switches on it won't screw back into place, as my new switches are taking up room. I've just taped it into place instead. Sorted![/quote]

I had to do a similar thing to my old GFX707.

just a warning over Zoom multi-function pedals... if you don't use them for a while they forget the patches you've created... this is especially annoying as you can only access the unit via USB to upload and download the patches on the high spec units, not the B2.1U, A2.1U, G2.1U or their little brothers :)

happened to me... hadn't used the B2.1U for a few months and found it had gone back to the stock patches...

Really? That's never happened to me and i've had 2 different Zoom multis now. Data doesn't fade away over time. It's not as though if you leave your phone for a year the numbers will disappear. That sounds like a proper dodgy fault!!

Ray: I don't think vibrations will confuse the electronics.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='785519' date='Mar 25 2010, 09:06 AM']Really? That's never happened to me and i've had 2 different Zoom multis now. Data doesn't fade away over time. It's not as though if you leave your phone for a year the numbers will disappear. That sounds like a proper dodgy fault!!

Ray: I don't think vibrations will confuse the electronics.[/quote]

Cheers :)

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='785461' date='Mar 25 2010, 08:05 AM']just a warning over Zoom multi-function pedals... if you don't use them for a while they forget the patches you've created... this is especially annoying as you can only access the unit via USB to upload and download the patches on the high spec units, not the B2.1U, A2.1U, G2.1U or their little brothers :)

happened to me... hadn't used the B2.1U for a few months and found it had gone back to the stock patches...[/quote]

Good job I don't bother with the presets :rolleyes: