Why become a member? ×

Opinions needed

krzysztof

Hi guys, I have a lefthanded Warwick Streamer $$ (October 07 model) and as much as I love it I don't really use it very often, it has had minor use.
I am contemplating trading it for a lefthanded USA P-bass (Sunburst, Rosewood fingerboard, Tortoiseshell scratchplate, Basicly a James Jamerson bass :)
I think I could find a lot more use for it also considering I don't actually own a Fender, I would like to own one:)
What do you guys think about what I am thinking of doing?
Thanks

[quote name='The Burpster' post='781574' date='Mar 21 2010, 12:18 PM']Did you get the $$ to fill a specific need? If so the P wont fill those boots.

P's do have a certain something that is hard to extract from other basses![/quote]

+1

The $$ is more versatile but it won't do P like a P can. If you think the P will only be used for certain specific jobs why not pick up a cheaper 'Classic' Squier?
I once moved onto a US S1 P bass for a while but found it lacking at some gigs through my MarkBass set up - just couldn't hear it in the mix at times. Ended up going back to a Ray. I loved the P bass at home when I could hear - nice and smooth and nailed 60's covers better than the Ray but what use is a bass that stays at home?

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='josh3184' post='782975' date='Mar 23 2010, 12:13 AM']Can I just mention that were you to want to do a straight sale (and give yourself the option of buying what you want) on the forum the bass would most likely garner a lot of interest, not least from me :rolleyes:[/quote]
yh I know, I will definately keep that in mind :)
-----watch this space------