Why become a member? ×

Rare Fender Telecaster Bass! 1977 33 year old vintage Fender

[attachment=45160:02200035.JPG]Okay, the story of this particular Bass goes like this: I purchased this from a shop in Germany ,
just over four years ago. They purchased it from the original owner who got it as a gift in 1978,
but never had time to play it.This bass is in 9+ /10 , mint condition and was unplayed (I've played it
less than a dozen times myself,and only gigged it once). So most of the time ,this bass slept in a box for about 28 years.

The old accessories are included (cloth and strap). The original flatwound strings,are still on it.They still rock!

The body and neck are made in the same style as an early '50s p bass.
The body is solid ash, the neck is one piece maple construction. It's the loud thuddy humbucker p/up version. :)
Comes with a Roksak padded gigbag(or a case if collecting)

Reasons for selling? Just had an unexpected large bill to pay. Plus ,I'm just not touching it these days,
and find the headless basses are easier to use in the cramped conditions I'm in with the 5piece band right now.

Price £1600.00

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

It might be worth seeing if you can burrow a decent camera off someone for this one Ray, Its a lot of dosh for someone do pay for some phone pictures.

HAving said that, what i can see is one of the best looking basses i think I've ever seen!

[quote name='MythSte' post='787940' date='Mar 27 2010, 03:43 PM']It might be worth seeing if you can burrow a decent camera off someone for this one Ray, Its a lot of dosh for someone do pay for some phone pictures.

HAving said that, what i can see is one of the best looking basses i think I've ever seen![/quote]

Thanks for the advice Mythste. I think I'll do that. I was wondering why all those other BCers weren't taking much notice. :)

[quote name='headless' post='796486' date='Apr 5 2010, 12:49 PM']Hi

Interested in a mid 90's Music Man (mint flightcased) or a 1967 Gibson EB3L (only 700 ever made) or an 80's BC Rich Eagle?

Can send you pics

Best wishes,

George[/quote]

No thank you. I'd rather stick to the above. Good luck with your sale