Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones 4 with Aeros in black - SOLD!

molan

[b]NOW SOLD[/b]

Picked this up to use as my rehearsal bass but something else came up recently that I'd had my eyes on for while and I just couldn't resist it!

I'm sure if you're reading this then you know all about the Lakland Skyline DJ4 so I won't go into lots of detail here (can supply if anyone wants more info of course).

This particular one has the original Aero pickups as specified by Darryl Jones - personally I prefer these to either the Fralins that some have or the Lakland in-house models most new ones have but that's purely subjective. Pretty much every DJ I've played / heard has been really nice, can't fault the Lakland Skyline quality control system.

It's been nicely set up with a low action and is really easy to play, medium weight & downsized J shape body make it great for longer rehearsals or gigs.

One nice touch is that it comes with the original guard plus 2 Jeannie's options so you can play around with the look in a matter of minutes. It's currently wearing the red tort version, which I really like, but I've added pics with all three guards in place (the black and white are just laid over the red so might look slightly 'raised').

Since buying this I've also sourced a genuine Lakland hard case for it so I'll throw that in as part of the deal as well :)

Overall in very good condition, few surface swirls here & there but the slight sparkle in the finish obscures these really. Couple of very small dings on the lower headstock at the rear but, again, hardly noticeable.

Happy to ship anywhere but not looking for PX deals on this one as I really am trying to 'downsize' my collection and I've already got something new heading my way this week. . .

Edited by molan

That is stunning with the black guard. Would go nicely next to my Duck Dunn, but funds permit me from purchasing. Someone is gonna get a corker of a bass for a bargain price. Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='molan' post='777807' date='Mar 17 2010, 06:56 PM']Picked this up to use as my rehearsal bass but something else came up recently that I'd had my eyes on for while and I just couldn't resist it!

I'm sure if you're reading this then you know all about the Lakland Skyline DJ4 so I won't go into lots of detail here (can supply if anyone wants more info of course).

This particular one has the original Aero pickups as specified by Darryl Jones - personally I prefer these to either the Fralins that some have or the Lakland in-house models most new ones have but that's purely subjective. Pretty much every DJ I've played / heard has been really nice, can't fault the Lakland Skyline quality control system.

It's been nicely set up with a low action and is really easy to play, medium weight & downsized J shape body make it great for longer rehearsals or gigs.

One nice touch is that it comes with the original guard plus 2 Jeannie's options so you can play around with the look in a matter of minutes. It's currently wearing the red tort version, which I really like, but I've added pics with all three guards in place (the black and white are just laid over the red so might look slightly 'raised').

Since buying this I've also sourced a genuine Lakland hard case for it so I'll throw that in as part of the deal as well :)

Overall in very good condition, few surface swirls here & there but the slight sparkle in the finish obscures these really. Couple of very small dings on the lower headstock at the rear but, again, hardly noticeable.

Happy to ship anywhere but not looking for PX deals on this one as I really am trying to 'downsize' my collection and I've already got something new heading my way this week. . .[/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='777813' date='Mar 17 2010, 06:59 PM']That is stunning with the black guard. Would go nicely next to my Duck Dunn, but funds permit me from purchasing. Someone is gonna get a corker of a bass for a bargain price. Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

So easy to swap pickguards around for quite a different look :)

Hopefully priced to sell reasonably quickly!

[b]
Quicker than quick - this bass is now sold and paid for already [/b] :rolleyes:

Edited by molan