Why become a member? ×

John Patitucci transcription - walking bass

Bilbo

Great swinging bassline and a little four bar break. Easy to read, great to play. Its also nice to hear such a logical and simple line played across what many think is a very complex chord sequence. If you get this one under your fingers, Joy Spring will never feel nearly as difficult and you will see the logic much more readily.

[quote name='frank' post='776885' date='Mar 17 2010, 02:35 AM']Thanks Bilbo ill have a go at that

By any chance would you have a transcription for Terminal Baggage Claim on the Chick Corea Akoustic Band Album
which im learning at the minute.[/quote]

Not a transcription, frank, but I do have a chart. Have you got it?

[quote name='Faithless' post='776721' date='Mar 16 2010, 09:26 PM']Nice one, Rob.

Sorry for the OT, but, judging from your avatar, you've yet been gigging with double bass? :)[/quote]

Not gigging but I have played it with a trio for a photo session. Its coming. I am close to gig ready but need to sort out stuff like pick-ups etc. Got a call this weekend for a quintet with guitar, drums, sax/clarinet, violin and double bass (original jazz/tango/flamenco stuff) so word is out that I am looking for work.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='777014' date='Mar 17 2010, 11:13 AM']N Got a call this weekend for a quintet with guitar, drums, sax/clarinet, violin and double bass (original jazz/tango/flamenco stuff) so word is out that I am looking for work.[/quote]

That's nice.. Keep it going, Rob.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='777008' date='Mar 17 2010, 09:10 AM']Not a transcription, frank, but I do have a chart. Have you got it?[/quote]

Yeah i have the chart thanks, im just being really really lazy

Will be more benefit to me to figure it out myself anyway

cheers