Why become a member? ×

what is a Yamaha TRB5P2 worth ?

StanS

I bought a TRB5P2 around 5 years ago with the bubinga finish. List price at the time was £2169 but I go it in a sale for around £1600 new. List price now is £2869 but most places have them up for £2249 (GAK, Soundslive etc).

I was toying with the idea of selling or part ex to fund a 4 string Stingray but, looking at what they are fetching on the second hand market, I decided to keep the TRB5, save up and add the Stingray to the collection. (I ended up buying an American Jazz deluxe but that's another story). There was a TRB5P2 up on fleabay a month or so ago with a starting price of £800 and it didn't get 1 bid! Madness!!

Anyway, i've no regrets - I would have been mad to let this baby go - it's the best bass i've ever had the pleasure of playing and I count myself as being very fortunate to own 2 fantastic basses (IMHO). I still get a buzz everytime I open the case and get her out.

Photo attached.[attachment=45049:DSCF0005.JPG]

[quote name='bass5' post='778829' date='Mar 18 2010, 04:57 PM']if its in good condish you can get £750-£800, sad but true. Value reflects demand and doesn't seem to be much demand for them. I had one and took me ages to shift it. Nice bass though, only someone who appreciates it would want to buy, say..... a Jazz or John Patitucci afficionado.[/quote]

Cheers guys - depressing or what ! If they are £2K+ to buy new, it must be down to lack of demand for 2nd hand that puts them so low :)
Mine is unmarked, and still has protective plastic on the black plastic bits on the back !
If <£1K is all I could get I'll definitely keep mine !

I agree with other comments here .......................... for some reason they are not sexy ,fashionable basses.....BUT!!!.
secondhand you get so much bass for your money.I can also give a big thumbs up for the mk1 series,as you can see I have two and the build quality is fantastic.