Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

79/80 Musicman Stingray fretless+freted 100%original

bassvid75

hi all,

hate to do this but "someone"got to go :)

its a Musicman Stingray from 79/80 fretless and a freted neck with it

all original.

i don't remember well but i think the body is dated 1980 and the fretless ist 79 and the freted 78.

the case its not original but its a good case for travel airplane.

i'm asking for everything 1700£

feel free for questions.

Pedro

[quote name='loudandclear' post='769952' date='Mar 10 2010, 12:27 AM']Hi - is that a brass nut on the fretted neck ? thanks[/quote]

...and the scratchplate looks very clean for a bass of this age. If its matt black, as it looks, then could it be an aftermarket replacement ? My Pre EB ray of this age has a gloss black plate.

Theres a nice bass though and 2 necks make it really versatile

[quote name='loweringthetone' post='770449' date='Mar 10 2010, 02:36 PM']...and the scratchplate looks very clean for a bass of this age. If its matt black, as it looks, then could it be an aftermarket replacement ? My Pre EB ray of this age has a gloss black plate.

Theres a nice bass though and 2 necks make it really versatile[/quote]

hi,

the scratchplate could be an aftermarket,i just don't know,it came as an 100% original when i bought it.

thanks for the post,

cheers,Pedro

Sorry to hijack bassvid 75s thread but that scratch plate is a modern one, you can tell by the cut out by the neck for access to the Ernie Ball truss rod adjustment wheel.
Also the brass nut on the fretted neck is not original, neither is the mix of necks and body, 3 different years do not make a 100% original instrument.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='770843' date='Mar 10 2010, 07:53 PM']Sorry to hijack bassvid 75s thread but that scratch plate is a modern one, you can tell by the cut out by the neck for access to the Ernie Ball truss rod adjustment wheel.
Also the brass nut on the fretted neck is not original, neither is the mix of necks and body, 3 different years do not make a 100% original instrument.[/quote]

you probably right about the scratchplate...

to make sure about the dates stamped i will put some fotos really quick.

but let me tell you that the body can have 1980 date and the neck 1979 it hapened already,you can see it here(the freted neck it is as i got it)

[url="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/mycustompage0011.htm"]http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/TOWN8019/mycustompage0011.htm[/url]

thanks for the scratchplate advice :)

cheers,
Pedro

Edited by bassvid75

[quote name='bassvid75' post='770939' date='Mar 10 2010, 09:07 PM']...but let me tell you that the body can have 1980 date and the neck 1979 it hapened already,you can see it here....[/quote]

My 'ray has this anomaly too. The body was made in '97 and the neck in '98. Fishy?
No. The date on the neck heel is 1-19-98 and the date stamp in the neck pocket is Dec 16 1997. So although it looks like there is something's fishy if you just quote the years, in reality both components were made a few days apart.

Edited by Ou7shined