Why become a member? ×

Help with amp bridging

freelancesam

[quote name='freelancesam' post='765455' date='Mar 5 2010, 06:17 PM']I have an Eden WT800 + 4x10 XST, apparently i need a different lead (Jack to wire ends) to run it in bridged mode??

I'm mega confused :)

Can someone point me in the right direction?!

cheers[/quote]
I run a WT 500 bridged into a Barefaced Compact (sold my Eden cabs could'nt carry them anymore) and I believe the WT 800 is much the same. On the front is a button that you will need a pen or something similar to bridge the amp (pushed in is bridged)
[attachment=44215:PICT0012___Copy.JPG]
If its an older amp like mine there are three sets of binding posts on the back the bridged output is the middle one (its not literally in the middle
[attachment=44214:PICT0019___Copy.JPG]
The posts are 19mm between centres and I managed to buy a plug and make up a lead that fitted unfortunately I cannot remember where I got it from
[attachment=44216:IMG_0487.JPG]
Talk to bassbits see if they can help you out/make up a lead for you the only thing you must be sure of is that the cab you are using is the correct impeadence
get it wrong and your looking at an expensive repair I think. I will see if I can find what the plug is and let you know

john

[quote name='Captain Rumble' post='765556' date='Mar 5 2010, 08:08 PM']I run a WT 500 bridged into a Barefaced Compact (sold my Eden cabs could'nt carry them anymore) and I believe the WT 800 is much the same. On the front is a button that you will need a pen or something similar to bridge the amp (pushed in is bridged)
[attachment=44215:PICT0012___Copy.JPG]
If its an older amp like mine there are three sets of binding posts on the back the bridged output is the middle one (its not literally in the middle
[attachment=44214:PICT0019___Copy.JPG]
The posts are 19mm between centres and I managed to buy a plug and make up a lead that fitted unfortunately I cannot remember where I got it from
[attachment=44216:IMG_0487.JPG]
Talk to bassbits see if they can help you out/make up a lead for you the only thing you must be sure of is that the cab you are using is the correct impeadence
get it wrong and your looking at an expensive repair I think. I will see if I can find what the plug is and let you know

john[/quote]

This is what I'm after! It has a little button on the front for bridged, and it has the little bridged thingy on the back.. I just need the cable i think. I don't know anything about impedance/ohms etc and dont wanna ruin my cab :/

Alternatively you could consider one of these:

I believe that they come with either Speakon or Jack.

The WT800 needs an 8-ohm cabinet to work bridged. What is the make of your 4x10 and what is the impedance?

[quote name='obbm' post='765870' date='Mar 6 2010, 10:08 AM']Alternatively you could consider one of these:

I believe that they come with either Speakon or Jack.

The WT800 needs an 8-ohm cabinet to work bridged. What is the make of your 4x10 and what is the impedance?[/quote]
And how much would one of those be he say's thinking his jack to funny dual banana plug bit of mains cable with a speakon/jack adaptor may not be doing the rest of his kit justice :rolleyes: its all right its round the back no one will see it :)

john

[quote name='freelancesam' post='765801' date='Mar 6 2010, 05:23 AM']This is what I'm after! It has a little button on the front for bridged, and it has the little bridged thingy on the back.. I just need the cable i think. I don't know anything about impedance/ohms etc and dont wanna ruin my cab :/[/quote]
My understanding is its the amp thats at risk if the cab is not an 8 ohm jobby
I ran my WT500 bridged (600 watts) into an Eden XLT410 for hundreds of gigs neither ever missed a beat (I may have missed one or two tho) :)

if i bought one of these

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEAVEY-SPEAKON-TO-JACK-CABLE-x1_W0QQitemZ130371286248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item1e5abbf4e8#ht_500wt_1182"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEAVEY-SPEAKON-TO-JA...8#ht_500wt_1182[/url]

and cut the jack off, would that work?? or am i missing the point?

The impedance on the cab says 4 or 8 ohms

[quote name='freelancesam' post='766555' date='Mar 6 2010, 11:48 PM']if i bought one of these

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEAVEY-SPEAKON-TO-JACK-CABLE-x1_W0QQitemZ130371286248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item1e5abbf4e8#ht_500wt_1182"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEAVEY-SPEAKON-TO-JA...8#ht_500wt_1182[/url]

and cut the jack off, would that work?? or am i missing the point?

The impedance on the cab says 4 or 8 ohms[/quote]

You are switching to bridged mode in order to extract more power. That cable would work however you would undo all that you've done by switching to bridged mode as the additional power would be strangled by that small cross-section cable. If you are trying to extract 800-watts then you need a short high-capacity cable.