Why become a member? ×

Guitar wah on bass?

Mog

Sup kids? My wah has given up the ghost :) . I have an original cry baby from my guitard days but when i use it with the bass there is a major volume drop when the effect is on. Anyone know of a clever way to sort this problem out?

[quote name='Jarhead' post='760967' date='Mar 1 2010, 05:23 PM']Boost pedal afterwards? Just kick them on when you're gonna use it. Or, get a cheap loop pedal and put the wah in there, and boost the volume on the loop.

Zach[/quote]

The loop idea sounds good zach. I'll give it a belt. Trying to stay away from too much tap dancing though.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='760994' date='Mar 1 2010, 05:58 PM']Does it only drop volume when used with an active bass?[/quote]
Been using the ol Yamaha which is passive. Haven't run the 'wick through is yet.Probably wont either as its having a few weeks off for truss rod adjustment.
Would it be possible to change the pot to something more suited to bass?

Hi
i used to have a Boss AW-2 auto wah and it dropped my bottom every time and a bit of volume. My cheap solution was to get a Bass EQ pedal and set it to compensate for the drop in bass & volume and set it up so I could activate both at same time, ideally through a blender.

The better solution is to get a better wah that is dedicated to bass - EHX QTron or Bassballs are both good. I am now using a 3Leaf Groove Regulator though as it has an FX loop, which is a lot of fun for adding fuzz, octave, delay, etc to the wah.

All these wahs are basscentric and retain volume and bottom. They work great for guitards too.

[quote name='Mog' post='760896' date='Mar 1 2010, 04:29 PM']Sup kids? My wah has given up the ghost :) . I have an original cry baby from my guitard days but when i use it with the bass there is a major volume drop when the effect is on. Anyone know of a clever way to sort this problem out?[/quote]