Why become a member? ×

Can you suggest a replacement 8" Speaker for Ashdown Mini 48?

Shire

Good afternoon ladies and gents :)

I've had a little rattling coming from my cab, An Ashdown mini 48 for a while so I took it apart and noticed one of the four 8" speakers is rattling, IT appears to be knackered so I need a replacement. This is the cab:

[url="http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?section=legacy&ID=61"]http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.as...egacy&ID=61[/url]

Like I said, its an 8" speaker at 8 ohms so would I be ok to just get any replacement of that spec? The cab is rated at 600w so does the speaker need to be the same or 150w because there is 4 of them? Sorry, I'm a bit of a technical n00b!

Any suggestions please fire away, cheaper is better and I'm not worried about it not being blue, just don't tell me I need to replace 4!

I also use the mini 115 cab with the above cab if that makes a difference through an ABM 500 head (but I can hear a tiny terror beckining me! :rolleyes:)

Cheers,
Matt

An eight-inch bass speaker is something of an oddity. There are a few around but I doubt if it would cost you much more to get an original Ashdown replacement, as Ashdown's spares prices are not particularly outrageous. You will slash its resale value if you put just one non-standard speaker in there. You could also end up with something that doesn't sound very good.