Why become a member? ×

!!!!NOW SOLD!!!!

callum

[size=3][center]it has been played but you wouldn't think so, it's in really good condition. olympic white with tortoiseshell scratchplate, cost over £400 when new, will take £300 but would rather swap for full scale fender, preferably jazz bass. Lovely short scale bass, makes it effortless to switch between guitar and bass, i found this handy when recording alone. The sound is really nice and well rounded, neck is a beauty to play, only reason i'm selling is because i've switched to playng bass full time so don't have to deal with swapping around anymore and my new band are playing drop c tuning so want something with a nice long neck to handle it.
i'm also throwing in a brand new set of d'addario short scale bass strings which cost nearly £20 alone.

will upload pictures asap![/size][/center]

Edited by callum

[quote name='fireball_73' post='760767' date='Mar 1 2010, 02:21 PM']Pictures and a smaller font would be appreciated.[/quote]

Curious to know why font size was an issue. :)

Also, really looking forward to pictures. My partner has been after one of these for a while.

[quote name='uzzell' post='760795' date='Mar 1 2010, 02:51 PM']Curious to know why font size was an issue. :)

Also, really looking forward to pictures. My partner has been after one of these for a while.[/quote]

sorry about the quality but i could only use my phone, it really is a lovely bass in very good condition, could pass for b stock or ex demo in a shop easily. if posting is required i can do this, i have sold loads of guitars on ebay before so could safely do this for around £15. Looking for a quick sale though swap preferred.

[quote name='Oggy' post='761872' date='Mar 2 2010, 02:56 PM']Hi Callum,

What part of the country are you located in?

Oggy :)[/quote]

i'm in portsmouth hampshire but am happy to send safely if needed

hope this helps!

Callum,

I note, dispite the numerous e-mails between us and my offers to purchase your bass for the £300 you asked for, You have decided now to put the guitar on e-bay for £400.00 [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320497419343&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url] That of course is your right !

But as a new member on here, it would have been curtious to let Me & possibly others aware of your intentions and not waste our time. I have turned down a number of fine basses whilst in negotiation with you and consider it bad form that you should list it on e-bay today without informing me that you do not want to go ahead with the sale!

Cheers :)

[quote name='Dusty' post='765799' date='Mar 6 2010, 05:08 AM']Callum,

I note, dispite the numerous e-mails between us and my offers to purchase your bass for the £300 you asked for, You have decided now to put the guitar on e-bay for £400.00 [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320497419343&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url] That of course is your right !

But as a new member on here, it would have been curtious to let Me & possibly others aware of your intentions and not waste our time. I have turned down a number of fine basses whilst in negotiation with you and consider it bad form that you should list it on e-bay today without informing me that you do not want to go ahead with the sale!

Cheers :)[/quote]

i put the bass on ebay at £400 because i did not realise the retail value for these had gone up, considering i need to buy another bass with this money straight away (i practice weekly with my band), an extra £100 makes a lot of difference to me, surely you can understand that? i mainly put it on here for a swap but as i understood you need to put a cash price? (i only joined to put the bass on here).
as for not getting in contact, i only listed the bass last night and i was going to amend the post today to state that it was for sale elsewhere. I was just getting a little frustrated because although i'm desperate to get rid of it, i was getting ridiculously low offers on here.
genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused but hopefully you can understand my position

[quote](Dusty @ Mar 6 2010, 05:08 AM)
Callum,

I note, dispite the numerous e-mails between us and my offers to purchase your bass for the £300 you asked for, You have decided now to put the guitar on e-bay for £400.00 [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url] That of course is your right !

Cheers[/quote]

[quote name='callum' post='765960' date='Mar 6 2010, 12:13 PM']i put the bass on ebay at £400 because i did not realise the retail value for these had gone up, considering i need to buy another bass with this money straight away (i practice weekly with my band), an extra £100 makes a lot of difference to me, surely you can understand that? i mainly put it on here for a swap but as i understood you need to put a cash price? (i only joined to put the bass on here).
as for not getting in contact, i only listed the bass last night and i was going to amend the post today to state that it was for sale elsewhere. I was just getting a little frustrated because although i'm desperate to get rid of it, i was getting ridiculously low offers on here.
genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused but hopefully you can understand my position[/quote]

Hi Callum,

Have you seen this: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=79594"]Fender Jazz - £300[/url] on this site.

You've been offered the £300 by Dusty; Steve Amadeo wants £300 for his Jazz - Could be your answer.

I learned a long time ago that whatever is for sale is only 'really' worth what someone is willing to pay, don't matter what it says on the price tag or what you may think it's worth. (Art of sales 101).

Hope this helps, you could get the Jazz you were after.

Oggy :)

[quote name='callum' post='773270' date='Mar 12 2010, 11:18 PM']bass now sold at £416 on ebay, thank god i followed my instincts![/quote]

Indeed but you must understand that this site is more of a community and not an auction site, prices are generally lower here due to the fact we don't have to pay a fee for selling and also most people who use this resource also help other members with advice.