Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1974 Fender Precision Dakota red

jsixties

Hi,
I have a P bass too. It came with a receipt from a music shop my old gaffer used to work in and he actually sold it. The year of the Invoice was '76. Is there any way of finding out how old it is without butchering it. I had a gold anondised scratch put on, D marzio model p's and some schaller knobs. I can get hold of the original parts . How much roughly do you think its worth.

ta jamie

[quote name='jsixties' post='760473' date='Mar 1 2010, 09:50 AM']Hi mate, good question.
I guess you're right, not a big difference with my '78 but I think this neck it's smaller and more comfortable.
I forget it: Comes with Dunlop dual straplocks and of course its original ones.[/quote]

So the neck on this is smaller/shallower than the '78J?

My old '72 had a very Jazz type neck, much nicer then the late '70's P bass I once owned which a very club-like neck.

[quote name='jamiesonk666' post='762148' date='Mar 2 2010, 07:48 PM']Hi,
I have a P bass too. It came with a receipt from a music shop my old gaffer used to work in and he actually sold it. The year of the Invoice was '76. Is there any way of finding out how old it is without butchering it. I had a gold anondised scratch put on, D marzio model p's and some schaller knobs. I can get hold of the original parts . How much roughly do you think its worth.

ta jamie[/quote]

Hi Jamie - get some pics together, as many as you can really and the serial number and post a question in the general bass forum.

You'll get lots of advice there :)