Why become a member? ×

Strap confuzzlement

summerr

So on Tuesday I ordered a Cheetah electro-acoustic bass, and it arrived today. But the problem I'm having is that I can't find another place for the strap to go. I mean, there's one at the bottom of the body of the bass, but I can't find another anywhere on the damn thing. So I don't know if it's just me being a newbie to it, or if it's a faulty one or something like that? I know I don't really need a strap for it, but it helps to spread the weight out apparently so yeaah. I haven't any idea, and I'm confused so could do with some help please. :/

Well, here are pretty much all the options - I'd avoid #1 and#3:

Here are some bigger pics of three approaches I've used in the past :

My favourite - straight down into the neck heel - downside is it sticks out if you lay the guitar down on its back.

Into the front of the heel - can be difficult if the heel has a narrow radius like the one above:

And sort of off-set angled into the face of the heel so the strap sort of wraps around the heel:

Strap buttons are cheap as chips off the bay. Always drill a pilot hole for the screw when fitting the button. :)

Edited by skankdelvar