Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Warwick Custom-Shop Corvette $$ 4

wavey_davey

** SOLD **

Tidy'd up a bit with the bumps removed and extra info condensed into single posts.
[size=4][b]
PENDING PAYMENT[/b][/size]
** End Edit **

[color="#FF0000"]NEW PICTURE![/color]

Up for sale is my Warwick Custom Shop Corvette Double Buck. I am the original owner. Although listed as used, the bass has had very light use, minimal gigs, no belt rash, dings and is in Excellent Condition. Regularly waxed and always stored in the supplied Flight case.

Upgraded with an Ovangkol body for extra growl and sustain.

Includes Warwick Hard Flight Case and Warwick wax.

This is a VERY versatile bass, the range of sonic options is almost endless, great slap tone from the bridge, warm and rounded from the neck and all the combinations in between.

This image is NOT of my bass (as it is currently in London and I'm in Guernsey!) but it is as close as you can get, maybe a slight difference in the grain.

This IS the bass

The controls are (Neck to Bridge)

* Volume (push/pull for active/passive)
* Pickup Blend
* Treble EQ
* Bass EQ
* 2 x mini toggle switches (Series/Parallel/Single for both pickups)

Recent full service (Feb 2010) and set up from professional, approved Warwick technicians.

* Bolt-on
* 4 string, Right-handed, Fretted
* Ovangkol body
* Ovangkol neck
* Wenge fingerboard
* Scale length: 34" (long scale)
* 24 frets
* Passive MEC MM-Style humbuckers
* Active MEC 2-way electronics
* Two 3-way mini-switches for separate configuration of the humbuckers (serial / parallel / single-coil)
* Warwick tuners
* 2-piece Warwick bridge
* Warwick security locks
* Black hardware
* Just-A-Nut II

Asking £850.00, no trades.

Most likely the bass will be sent from its current London location, but there is a VERY slim chance that it will be sent from Guernsey. If that is the case, there MAY be import duty to pay on it, which would be the purchasers responsibility, but as I said, its a very slim chance.

Edited by wavey_davey

[quote name='wavey_davey' post='760445' date='Mar 1 2010, 09:20 AM']Cheeky Bump for Monday Morning

Very versatile, very growly, Thumb tone (+ a load others) for no thumb price!![/quote]
Hi,

Nice. What year is it, and do you have the serial?

Thanks,

Pieter

[quote name='pieterv' post='761258' date='Mar 1 2010, 09:50 PM']Hi,

Nice. What year is it, and do you have the serial?

Thanks,

Pieter[/quote]

It's a 2007. I'll have to call the bass centre to get the serial. Will get that sorted for you tomorrow.
Cheers
dave

**edit**
Serial Number is: A-133046-07

Edited by wavey_davey

Hi, wavey.

The photo of the bass 'that isnt yours' is about the most stunning bass photo ive seen.The wood grain is stunning. Is your bass very similar in better lighting or is the wood totally different its quite hard to make out in the photo you have added.

Could you tell me what all the switches and dials are please?

good luck with the sale, I just wish it was me buying it :)

jason

Hi again Wavey,

no need to answer the controls question, ive just read the add again, this time without just staring at the photos and droooooling , grunting " nicccccceeee bbbaaaassssssssss"
and actually read what the controls do!!

thanks anyway

consider it a free bumpetybump :)

jase

[quote name='bassjase128' post='762673' date='Mar 3 2010, 10:15 AM']Hi again Wavey,

no need to answer the controls question, ive just read the add again, this time without just staring at the photos and droooooling , grunting " nicccccceeee bbbaaaassssssssss"
and actually read what the controls do!!

thanks anyway

consider it a free bumpetybump :)

jase[/quote]
Thanks for the bump and dribble!!

The pic of the one that IS mine looks a bit redder that it actually is under daylight

The body is a very typical piece of Warwick Ovangkol. Probably one of the reasons that they use it, it is very consistent from Bass to Bass.

The pic that ISN'T mine is from the warwick custom shop site, I actually thought it was MY Bass at first, but I guess mine never made it to their gallery.

Here's another pic, same gig. It gives a better idea of the colour

Edited by wavey_davey