Why become a member? ×

Sterling By MusicMan - Review in BGM

Grand Wazoo

[quote name='bass5' post='754990' date='Feb 23 2010, 01:32 PM']Addtionally the beauty of a PDF file is that it's uneditable and as such cannot fall in the copyright breech loophole, since the original material and it's layout belonging to the copyright owner remains unchanged.[/quote]

LOL, your kidding.

I work for a printers and we have to edit customers PDFs all the time. We even have a password remover for them.

PDFs have been editable for years.

I have no issues with all this but i do think that because its been scanned and then posted it could be in breach of something. Im sure they is a copyright line that will say this publication cannot be re produced etc etc.

[quote name='bass5' post='755045' date='Feb 23 2010, 02:42 PM']well it's uneditable to the average Dick, Tom or Harry, if you work for a printer of course you would have all the tools, same as if I was a plumber I would have special spanners and stuff. but anyhoo. look now, I have deleted it myself.

Saves anyone getting the hump over it. awight?[/quote]

Calm down, it was you who made the incorrect assumption/statement, i was just trying to help you out. I said i had no issue with what you had done, far from it.
And i dont tend to LOL when i have the hump so what gave you that impression?

And any Tom Dick or bass5 can buy Acrobat, its nothing special and its not a printers tool.

Glad i saved it to my HDD yesterday as i haven't read it yet.

For me it didnt bother me one bit paying £600 for the ray 34. I did look at secondhand American Stingrays but the decent ones were all hovering around £700 plus. By buying the Ray 34 i more or less got the same thing in a finish/colour that i wanted (as opposed to waiting ages for the right one to appear in the right colour) and with a years warranty. Plus it was new!! it means it soul will always be mine!! mwah hahahaha!!!!!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='755048' date='Feb 23 2010, 02:51 PM']Calm down, it was you who made the incorrect assumption/statement, i was just trying to help you out. I said i had no issue with what you had done, far from it.
And i dont tend to LOL when i have the hump so what gave you that impression?

And any Tom Dick or bass5 can buy Acrobat, its nothing special and its not a printers tool.

Glad i saved it to my HDD yesterday as i haven't read it yet.[/quote]

This is what is all about mate, I am calm and I didn't intend to have a go at you either, all I've tried was give this community a chance to read the article, wether it was ethical or not, legal or not, its past the point.

Thanks for your observations.

[quote name='bass5' post='755262' date='Feb 23 2010, 05:53 PM']This is what is all about mate, I am calm and I didn't intend to have a go at you either, all I've tried was give this community a chance to read the article, wether it was ethical or not, legal or not, its past the point.

Thanks for your observations.[/quote]

And it was much appreciated so thanks for posting it.