Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ibanez BTB 406QM in blue

benthos

Hi All,

***NOW SOLD***

I have for sale my Ibanez BTB 406QM in blue. This is a great 35" scale 18V active six string.

As per the pic of the original receipt below, I bought this new in 2003 for £449 from the Bass Centre when it was in Wapping.

[b]Condition[/b]
This bass has been well looked after and has no major dings. It's free from buckle rash. If you look at the picture of the tuning keys you will see that a couple of small plastic white washers are missing/cracked but this has no effect on the tuning capability or stability. It has been gigged a few times but is getting little use now as my SR5 is my bass of choice for the rock covers band I currently play in. The only modification to the bass has been to change out the strap buttons for Dunlop Straploks. It is currently strung with Warwick Black Label strings (25/45/65/85/105/135) and comes with an Ibanez padded gig bag.

[b]Specs:[/b]
Bass type: 6 string fretted
Neck join: Bolt-On
Neck construction: 5-piece maple/walnut
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 23 1/2 frets, 35" scale
Body: Basswood body w/quilted maple top
Finish: Blue
Pickups: 2 x Ibanez OEM'd soapbars
Hardware: Coated silver tuners, Mono-rail II bridge, Neutrik locking cable jack
Electronics: 18V active 'Vari-Mid 3B EQ' with Volume, Pickup Blend, Bass, Mids (w/ sweepable mid-EQ), Treble

[b]Price[/b]
This has been difficult to price as this model is no longer made and there apear to be very few for sale, but taking into account the condition and age I think £250 plus postage is a reasonable price. It's an excellent buy if you fancy a foray into ERBs without splashing out too much cash. Im not looking for trades.

[b]Postage[/b]
I haven't researched postage yet and to be honest I'd prefer if this was picked up, but I"m sure we can come to an agreement on cost and courier if you're interested. I can also travel a reasonable distance to meet.

[b]Pics[/b]
Please PM if you need any more pics or have any questions at all.

[attachment=43210:IMG_3153.jpg] [attachment=43211:IMG_3155.jpg] [attachment=43212:IMG_3163_Edit.jpg] [attachment=43213:IMG_3168_Edit.jpg] [attachment=43214:IMG_3177.jpg] [attachment=43215:IMG_3170.jpg] [attachment=43218:IMG_3175.jpg] [attachment=43219:IMG_3167_Edit.jpg]

Thanks a lot for looking!
Dave.

Edited by benthos

[quote name='Chris2112' post='754940' date='Feb 23 2010, 01:03 PM']I'm so tempted by this, a BTB405QM was my first "proper" bass and I really loved it, these are seriously good basses![/quote]
Thanks, Chris.

It's a shame your so far away from Kent, otherwise you could pop in for a coffee and a play around with it :)

Great B-string on this and plenty of tonal variation from the electronics.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='756171' date='Feb 24 2010, 03:36 PM']Achingly tempted...trying to work out how to pick it up...achingly tempted...[/quote]
If you're in South London that's relatively easy, but Sweden... :-)

Where are you currently based? Might be able to help you out.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='756253' date='Feb 24 2010, 05:00 PM']I'm in sunny Sutton/Croydon this week. It would be great if you were going to be in the area, otherwise I am going to be in London Friday night, but then a bass is rather cumbersome. So, like above, trying to work out how to pick it up![/quote]
Fair enough. I work near Tower Bridge Mon-Fri and live near junction 4 on the M25 if that helps.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' post='756573' date='Feb 24 2010, 10:27 PM']Though it sounds very lame, I can't get myself into town or Kent this week. Have another bump for a nice bass.[/quote]
I know how it goes - we all lead busy lives!

You never know, this could still be around when it's more convenient.

Thanks for your interest.