Why become a member? ×

Where can I get new "insides".....?!!! In Essex

sykilz

Hi, I have a 1992 Washburn 5 String that I keep going back to cos I love the sound so much, but last year it needed a new jack socket, and then while being repaired by a "local guy" the pots needed replacing too. Now the controls are 1 volume, 1 bass and one treble, with a 3 way switch for the 2 active pickups. Because the type of pots fitted were no longer available he fitted different types, but now the bass and treble are just full on or full off with no in between!! I think it may be worth my while getting all new electrics fitted, maybe just keeping the pickups, does anyone know a good.....reasonably priced.....person who could do this for me,I`m in South Essex between Romford and Southend and would prefer someone local? How much do you reckon it would cost? Thanks in advance!!!!!
[attachment=43070:autumn_2009_027.jpg]

Its the one on top in this photo,couldnt rotate it!!!

Do you still have the old pots? Sounds like its the lin/log pot problem. Can't recall which is problematic, but checking the old ones will tell ya. I am already filled with distrust for your 'local guy', I reckon you can get the right pots, just post up what they say on the back, or a pic of them.

I've been to Bob Johnson before - [url="http://www.legraguitars.co.uk/home.htm"]Legra Guitars[/url]. He is in Leigh. He makes superb instruments and does repairs, too. However I haven't been able to get hold of him recently and am just today trying out a guy called Chris who does the set-ups and whatnot for a few local music stores. His number is 01702 554916 but I can't vouch for his work until about Monday! He is in Thundersley (ish)

So not much help, really :)

Edited by Paul S

That`s very kind,I opened up the back to take a look, and it still has the pre amp which is on a circuit board, but looking at the pots they don`t match, I think you may have been right about the 2 different types not being matched, so I`m thinking that if I can find someone who knows what they`re doing it may be a case of replacing the pots. I will drop you an email if someone suggests I need that part though, thanks very much!!!!!!