Why become a member? ×

Orange AD200b Mk3 - Heard from an audience point of view...

Musicman20

Well, my friends band played up in Newcastle centre and their bassist has the same Orange as me.

He was playing through the main bands Trace cabs (4x10 and 1x15, they looked like the modern versions).

What can I say? It sounded massive....absolutely huge...and yep, they did not mic it up.

The main band played a modern Trace amp head...think 600W version? It did not even compare...and thats from someone who really likes Trace gear.

Lots of variables to consider....but the Orange was just pure doom...I loved it.

[quote name='ashevans09' post='750306' date='Feb 18 2010, 10:40 PM']Yup, lovely amps. Got the pleasure of hearing one of these through an Ampeg 810 at the Koko in London. Laaaaaaaverley.

See these getting paired alot with the ampeg 810 come to think of it. Wondering if these bands'll make the switch when the orange 810 comes out?[/quote]

I was thinking that. Ive noticed a few of the american bands switching to Aguilar cabs with Orange amps...hence what gave me the idea as well :)

Those Aguilar DB810s weigh an absolute massive amount though.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='750372' date='Feb 18 2010, 11:31 PM']Those Aguilar DB810s weigh an absolute massive amount though.[/quote]

Really? How do they compare with the Ampeg? Cos tbh from the little experience I have with them they weren't too difficult to move around. That said over 810s I've seen were horrendous.

[quote name='ashevans09' post='750846' date='Feb 19 2010, 01:11 PM']Really? How do they compare with the Ampeg? Cos tbh from the little experience I have with them they weren't too difficult to move around. That said over 810s I've seen were horrendous.[/quote]

They are capable of a lot more low end and volume than the Ampegs according to the reviews and what not ive read. But, they are also heavier apparently. I think once you get to 8x10 size....its going to be pretty heavy anyway!