Why become a member? ×

Got My New Jazz Bass

HoweDy

3 of my 4 Fenders are Japanese-They are always my first choice.

As far as the Marcus Bass goes,it is totally not just a slap machine.
It does have a great slap sound,but I also use it regularly with fingers and again
it sounds great. You just have to be a bit careful with the treble as it can get a little
harsh,but get it right it's really crisp and clean. It's a really versatile bass.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Doddy' post='751877' date='Feb 20 2010, 03:58 PM']3 of my 4 Fenders are Japanese-They are always my first choice.

As far as the Marcus Bass goes,it is totally not just a slap machine.
It does have a great slap sound,but I also use it regularly with fingers and again
it sounds great. You just have to be a bit careful with the treble as it can get a little
harsh,but get it right it's really crisp and clean. It's a really versatile bass.[/quote]

Would you say that the Marcus is good for funk??
cos that's where it would be, and I love its sound when I play funk, but would anyone else? I would be upgrading the pre-amp to an East Marcus pre,

Couldn't agree with you anymore, even the uptight arse of a technician at my school who never agrees with me thinks it's amazing (he's a bassist too). Your bass looks sweet, I really want to play a few fretless's. Go on YouTube and look up bill clements, one handed bassist. He plays a reverse fretless bass and it sounds incredible!