Why become a member? ×

Price estimates for Vintage Burn Bison/Epiphone Rivoli

tubepigeon

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me by suggesting an approximate value of the following bass guitars - unfortunately I don't have any pics as yet, but will try and sort a couple out. Neither are with me at present.

The first is an Epiphone Rivoli. I've dated it via the serial number and it's from 1955, and on the little sticker inside the body (from what I can make out) it says

'Style BBV 232'

Not sure what the significance of that is? Nothing has been changed, the bass is in original condition.

The second is a Burns 'Albino' Bison Bass, dated 1963. The top horn where the strap lock is located had a snap/crack years ago, and was held for many year crudely with a nail :) but is now repaired and looks great. All the electronics are original, one of the tuners is a replacement.

If anyone could give a rough guide, it would be very much appreciated!

Also, if you could e-mail [email protected] with any info, that would be great also.

Thanks a lot everyone, Tom

[quote name='tubepigeon' post='746716' date='Feb 15 2010, 11:54 PM']The first is an Epiphone Rivoli. I've dated it via the serial number and it's from 1955, and on the little sticker inside the body (from what I can make out) it says

'Style BBV 232'

Not sure what the significance of that is? Nothing has been changed, the bass is in original condition.[/quote]
I don't think the Rivoli was introduced until 1961(ish) - so if it is a 1955 it's extremely rare!!!

And I think EBV232 was the code for a sunburst Rivoli; EBV232N for natural.

there's a nice looking 64 rivoli for sale on ebay at the mo.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-Rivoli-bass-guitar-1964-with-original-case_W0QQitemZ290402092139QQcategoryZ4713QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3907.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D28%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D54"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epiphone-Rivoli-bass...3DLVI%26ps%3D54[/url]

It may be worth seeing how much that goes for and price accordingly.
Get some pics up and I'm sure there'd be some interest here!
(I'd love one but I have a feeling the price may be out of my reach)

Edited by Stu-khag