Why become a member? ×

Zang Tang at The Front Rooms, Cheltenham

Gunsfreddy2003

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='745784' date='Feb 15 2010, 01:00 PM']Playing at The Front Rooms this coming Friday with my band Zang Tang:

www.myspace.com/zangtangband

www.zangtang.com

Would be great to see any fellow basschatters down there! I know there are a few in and around Cheltenham and Gloucester![/quote]

great venue, we've been trying to get in there but the guys who handle the booking never seem to be in!

hope the gig goes well for you, might try to get there with a few of the band,

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

I personally have not been in there yet but I hear good things from people about it and the set up.

Would agree that it is probably the hardest gig that I have ever had to book because they are never there and also never reply to messages!!

Would be great to see you down there is you can make it.

Mark

[quote name='martinbass7750' post='745819' date='Feb 15 2010, 01:25 PM']great venue, we've been trying to get in there but the guys who handle the booking never seem to be in!

hope the gig goes well for you, might try to get there with a few of the band,

Cheers

Martin[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='745831' date='Feb 15 2010, 01:37 PM']Hi Martin,

I personally have not been in there yet but I hear good things from people about it and the set up.

Would agree that it is probably the hardest gig that I have ever had to book because they are never there and also never reply to messages!!

Would be great to see you down there is you can make it.

Mark[/quote]

Hi Mark,

You get 100% for perseverance!

I'm told the sound engineers aren't up to much, apparently it's the guys who run the disco. Still, at least they have a decent PA.

May see you there.

Cheers

Martin

Certainly something you need in this game!

I have to be honest and say that I really hate dealing with people that run bars and clubs they seem to be so bloody difficult and you can never trust them any further then you could throw them and that comes from somebody who works in advertising too!

Worrying news ref the PA but makes sense - there was a track from a band that I found on the net recorded live at the Front Rooms and I thought the sound was bloody awful! Really wish we had our own sound engineer now.

Do you know what PA they have there?

Mark

[quote name='martinbass7750' post='746605' date='Feb 15 2010, 10:19 PM']Hi Mark,

You get 100% for perseverance!

I'm told the sound engineers aren't up to much, apparently it's the guys who run the disco. Still, at least they have a decent PA.

May see you there.

Cheers

Martin[/quote]