Why become a member? ×

Tokai Hard Puncher £300 shipped - SOLD SOLD

jembullo

Hi there
Bought this Tokai Harpuncher only a couple of weeks ago from a fellow bass chatter and am shamelessly using some text and the pics from his original posting.

This is a quality instrument from Japan, one of the higher end Tokai models...not the Korean / Chinese ones. The only reason I'm moving it on so quickly is that the P Bass sound is not really sitting that well in my current band setup. Other than that it is a fine sounding(better than my old USA Fender) example.

It's an Agathis body,see thru Blonde finish with matching headstock ,gold hardware and a 20 fret maple neck. It also sports Fender alnico p/ups. It has a brass Ibanez bridge fitted at the moment but the original one is here if you prefer it. The originial holes lined up perfect so no issues with extra holes. I also have the white pick guard that came with bass, again no issues with extra holes for the torty one.
Tone is pure "P" with some nice honky midrange from the maple neck,especially with rounds fitted. Thumps like a good un with Flats. It'll be shipped with a set of almost new Nickel rounds. This had a pro set up done very recently, the action is nice and low and it plays great.
Comes with Hardcase and strap too.

£300 is roughly what I paid shipped so that's the price I'll accept, £300 shipped to your door( UK ).

Edited by jembullo

Weekend bump...this lovely bass is still here!

[quote name='jembullo' post='741559' date='Feb 10 2010, 10:40 PM']Hi there
Bought this Tokai Harpuncher only a couple of weeks ago from a fellow bass chatter and am shamelessly using some text and the pics from his original posting.

This is a quality instrument from Japan, one of the higher end Tokai models...not the Korean / Chinese ones. The only reason I'm moving it on so quickly is that the P Bass sound is not really sitting that well in my current band setup. Other than that it is a fine sounding(better than my old USA Fender) example.

It's an Agathis body,see thru Blonde finish with matching headstock ,gold hardware and a 20 fret maple neck. It also sports Fender alnico p/ups. It has a brass Ibanez bridge fitted at the moment but the original one is here if you prefer it. The originial holes lined up perfect so no issues with extra holes. I also have the white pick guard that came with bass, again no issues with extra holes for the torty one.
Tone is pure "P" with some nice honky midrange from the maple neck,especially with rounds fitted. Thumps like a good un with Flats. It'll be shipped with a set of almost new Nickel rounds. This had a pro set up done very recently, the action is nice and low and it plays great.
Comes with Hardcase and strap too.

£300 is roughly what I paid shipped so that's the price I'll accept, £300 shipped to your door( UK ).[/quote]

Hi Gaf

Could do you a better deal seeing as though you are in the Chelt like me. No delivery and such like.
How did you get on at the Bacon last night...did they put Lounge Fly through ? I was there at 1-2pm but a no go for us!

[quote name='gafbass02' post='744355' date='Feb 13 2010, 10:01 PM']That's lush![/quote]