Why become a member? ×

Whats the cheapest usable reverb pedal?

dumelow

Im after a reverb pedal for live use for a few solo parts I do. I dont want to much more than about £30 so obviously theres a limited amount of pedals out theyre i could look at trying

has anyone gigged a behringer, danelectro or belcat reverb and got a good sound? theyre the only ones i have found that are cheap

Edited by dumelow

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to be even nearly satisfied with pedals at that budget. I'd advise you not to waste your money, and go for something of better quality that's going to make you happier, even if it means waiting/saving for a while.

[quote name='dumelow' post='736632' date='Feb 5 2010, 08:29 PM']Im after a reverb pedal for live use for a few solo parts I do. I dont want to much more than about £30 so obviously theres a limited amount of pedals out theyre i could look at trying

has anyone gigged a behringer, danelectro or belcat reverb and got a good sound? theyre the only ones i have found that are cheap[/quote]

The Behringer RV600 actually sounds pretty good but the build quality is terrible.

Have a look for a used Marshall Reflector. It's a great little pedal.

EDIT: Beat'd about the Marshall...

Edited by gnasher1993

i could afford to spend a bit more i just want to spend as little as i can get away with. im literally going to use it for less than five minutes in a set and dont see any reason to spend a lot.

I think ill give the marshall reflector a try theyre pretty well built and go for cheap secondhand.

[quote name='cm261' post='736640' date='Feb 5 2010, 08:38 PM']Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to be even nearly satisfied with pedals at that budget. I'd advise you not to waste your money, and go for something of better quality that's going to make you happier, even if it means waiting/saving for a while.[/quote]

[quote name='dumelow' post='736745' date='Feb 5 2010, 10:38 PM']i could afford to spend a bit more i just want to spend as little as i can get away with. im literally going to use it for less than five minutes in a set and dont see any reason to spend a lot.

I think ill give the marshall reflector a try theyre pretty well built and go for cheap secondhand.[/quote]

Cool, that seems to be the way to go mate :)

I think it is all down to what you mean by "usable".

The major problem with very cheap pedals (reverbs or not) is that they are not true-bypass or their active bypass sucks the life out of the tone.

To me this makes them unusable. I prefer a cable that connects by bass directly to the amp instead of something that compromises my tone even when it is switched off.

Edited by Silent Fly