Why become a member? ×

Custom Musicman Stingray-Style Fretless 5 Status Neck TRADED

trendgame

This is a used custom-built Musicman-style fretless 5-string bass guitar with Status Graphite neck.

This has been my bass for six years now but it is sadly the time to move on. The body of the guitar is made from a lovely piece of West African Zebrawood and it has a Mother of Pearl scratchplate. There is one Seymour Duncan Basslines active pickup and a fully adjustable bridge. The guitar has bass/mid/high EQ controls and also a bass boost on the volume knob. The main feature of this bass is the superb Status Graphite carbon fibre neck. This neck offers a really smooth playing experience augmented by excellent action and Sperzel tuners. It is currently strung with 4 Galli black nylon-core tapewound strings and an old roundwound low B string. The fretboard has some wear where I have been using roundwound strings but this does not affect the sound of the bass at all. There is a slight nick on the underside of the neck close to the fret 5 position but this does not affect playing or the tone.

I have never played a bass which felt better than this does. My reason for selling is that the bands I am currently involved in are more suited to a fretted sound; otherwise I would happily continue playing this brilliant instrument.

I bought this bass for £600 and I consider it a steal at that price, I'd be looking to make my money back but would also consider trading for any decent 5 string jazz, particularly any Warwick basses or custom builds. I would also consider trading just the neck for a fretted equivalent. If you want more pictures/information or have any questions don't hesitate to message me.

I am based in Newcastle. Anyone interested can drop by to have a play anytime. Unfortunately I don't have a hardcase for the instrument but it comes with a padded gig bag that has seen better days.

Edited by trendgame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...