Why become a member? ×

Painted Headstock

Metalmoore

Read somewhere someone was thinking about painting a union jack onto the body of a bass and sure this may be a common thing (flags and such instead of solid colours on a body) but was wondering if anyone has ever done this to a headstock. I was thinking of a Saltire for my Custom Jazz (already a light blue so might go with it)

Just wanting to know if anyone has done it or any feedback on the idea at all.

NOTE: If this should be in a another part of the site (like tech and repairs) please can a MOD move it if they think its the right thing to do.

Hmmmn ........ I find it a bit disconcerting when people want to abuse instruments in this way, unless it's i) a pile of poop anyway ii) something that you are definitely keeping for life.

Still, it's up to you!

Have you thought about getting a vinyl cut done? It's more easily reversible! There's probably union jacks already available, for cars etc.

[quote name='Metalmoore' post='732480' date='Feb 2 2010, 02:05 AM']Read somewhere someone was thinking about painting a union jack onto the body of a bass and sure this may be a common thing (flags and such instead of solid colours on a body) but was wondering if anyone has ever done this to a headstock. I was thinking of a Saltire for my Custom Jazz (already a light blue so might go with it)

Just wanting to know if anyone has done it or any feedback on the idea at all.

NOTE: If this should be in a another part of the site (like tech and repairs) please can a MOD move it if they think its the right thing to do.[/quote]

[quote name='Metalmoore' post='732745' date='Feb 2 2010, 11:56 AM']Hmm now that i seen that pic i think it looks horrid :snob: Maybe a wee sticker would be far more appropriate[/quote]

I've got a little Saltire in the corner of my amp grill. Subtle yet visible! :)

I try and steer clear of things like that on my basses unless it's on the scratchplate and therefore easily replaceable.

By the way, if it's for the bass in your avatar, don't do it! It looks amazing as it is!

[quote name='HeavyJay' post='732922' date='Feb 2 2010, 01:49 PM']I've got a little Saltire in the corner of my amp grill. Subtle yet visible! :rolleyes:

I try and steer clear of things like that on my basses unless it's on the scratchplate and therefore easily replaceable.

By the way, if it's for the bass in your avatar, don't do it! It looks amazing as it is![/quote]

Yeah it would have be. Think i will just buy a wee sticker and put it on the strap :)