Why become a member? ×

Tuff Cab Paint

cd_david

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='729287' date='Jan 29 2010, 10:35 PM']I'm not sure how you would get that Rhino effect. I put it on with one of those fluffy rollers from B&Q and it came out smooth but with a leather/tolex type slightly dimpled effect. I guess you could just paint over the top of Rhino and retain the same texture[/quote]

That's what I've been thinking... I mean, to be honest. I reckon it's just black rhino paint, with orange paint over the top.

Surely if I put some other paint over... it aint gonna make much difference.

I mean, you don't worry about painting something once it's been painted... ?

Edited by bigjohn

[quote name='bigjohn' post='729292' date='Jan 29 2010, 10:40 PM']Surely if I put some other paint over... it aint gonna make much difference.

I mean, you don't worry about painting something once it's been painted... ?[/quote]

I wouldn't have thought so. The Tuff Cab paint is probably runny enough to just coat the existing finish while leaving the texture the same.

[quote name='cd_david' post='729210' date='Jan 29 2010, 09:01 PM']Anyone have any experience of this and where in the north i could buy it? I need to refinish my ampeg PR 810h which has a satin-ish large flaked finish and not sure if this is a suitable match.

Cheers

Dave[/quote]

Blue Aran's tuff cab supplier is:

Aldcroft Adhesives Limited
Unit 13A Horwich Loco Industrial Estate
Chorley New Road
Bolton
BL6 5UE
UK

Tel: +44 (0) 1204 668282
Fax: +44 (0) 1204 668780
Email: [email protected]