Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Schecter Stiletto Studio 6 Diamond Series *SOLD*

pantherairsoft

THIS IS NOW SOLD...

Hi People,

I picked this up recently from a fellow basschatter and to be honest it was a bloody bargain! I have however realised that the step to 6 string is not something I'm ready for and would prefer to concentrate on what I know. Given what I paid for this I'm sure I could make a little profit on it as well, but being the genuine person I am I figure someone else can have the bargain I had!

I paid £275 for this in cash and its easily worth double, tonally the EQ is great and the through neck construction is up there with some £1k plus basses I have played in the last 12 months. If I'm not mistaken these list at around £600 mark, which is a damn good price as it is, so heres the chance to snap my arm off!

So... [u][b]£275[/b][/u] on collection, or will consider a trade for...
5 string fretless of a similar retail value
Ashbory bass (with cash my way)
5 string EUB, any make
EBS Neo 2x10 or 1x15
Also looking for an EBS (and only EBS!) 3U rack case which I will happily take in part ex if you happen to have one.
I do not have a case for this so posting is not an option, it would need to be collection, or arrange a meet up as I would be travelling via train to where ever I go (no car!).

Condition is mint, I can't really find a mark on it, its of brand new from the shop condition with one exception... the strap pins seems slightly loose. I would assume the previous owner popped some strap locks in and removed them before he sold it on. As such I would recommend putting some strap locks back in, or a slightly fatter screw to hod the regular pins in, just for security. A minor point, but thought it was well worth noting!

Set up with medium-light strings, a nice med-low action, no fret buzz. perfect to pick up and play. I'm in Nottingham for anyone that wants to try it!

I apologise for the pics. My Camera has died so these are from my Iphone...

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='cheddatom' post='728847' date='Jan 29 2010, 03:58 PM']Jesus, what a bargain!! I have one exactly the same, except it was a factory 2nd. I got it on ebay 4 years ago for £300 and I thought that was a steal.[/quote]

That was a steal!

What gets me about these is how they can retail them at £600 max. I've had a lot of basses and played a bucket loads more on top of that and the build quality of these really blows so many other companies out of the water. Many people, myself included often disregard stuff because of the name, but this shows what kind of mark ups people do put on instruments. The quality of build in the body easily blows that of my old Stingray or Sandberg Basic out of the water, and this costs under half.

Play one of these if you ever get the chance, they are stunning!