Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly 48 Neo Cab 4ohm

derrenleepoole

*First off, the LG1000 head has been sold to Bassman in Belgium*

Up for grabs is an Ashdown Superfly 48 Neo cabinet.

There's a brief video clip here of me using the setup giving you some idea of tone etc:

[b]The Superfly 48 Neo Cab:[/b]
I can't state enough just how good this cab is, it's built like a tank and capable of handling tone very well. The cab is designed as two '2x8' cabs run together with each side running at 4ohms. This means if you pair it with the Superfly Head, or the LG1000 head you can get the full power from each head from the cab. The size is very good and portable, more so than a 4x10 say. I can quite easily do a trip from the car in one go with bass on one shoulder, gig bag on the other and cab in hand (the recessed side handles are well placed). Has a few small scuffs on the corners as you would expect from gig use. This is however very superficial - the rest of the cabinet is immaculate.

[b]Pricing:[/b]
For the Ashdown 48 Neo Cab I'm asking [b]£299[/b] collected (no postage).

I'm more than happy to meet anyone part way on collection if it helps sale, but I would expect fuel costs to be covered. I'm happy to drive about an hour (ish) each way from postcode BB2 (Blackburn). Payment would be either Paypal or cash on collection.

Questions more than welcome. Cheers for looking :)

Edited by derrenleepoole

[quote name='MB1' post='725084' date='Jan 26 2010, 01:12 PM']MB1. :lol:
...Youre link doesnt work!
Your after lighter gear than this or smaller gear still? :)
BUMP![/quote]

The link did work, but you needed to be a friend of the person who's profile page it was on, and I didn't think about that :lol: I've uploaded it to Youtube and adjusted the link accordingly. Cheers for the shout out on that!

Why am I selling? I just like the idea of a more modular system, and yes a bit lighter. I really like the setup I have, but I have to use a practice amp as well and in my weird unlogical world that's just too much :lol: The Ibanez Promethean is appealing because it's a small lightweight combo good for practice and small gigs. Coupled with an extension cab it becomes a 500 watt small stack. Remove the head and it becomes useable with anything! That is very appealing to me. Plus I am in talks with Paul (Prose Bass) about a custom ergonomic bass build to make my setup smaller and more back friendly. I have a very bad back from a seizure a few years ago. That's it really. Thanks for the bump :rolleyes:

[quote name='LJG' post='729998' date='Jan 30 2010, 06:57 PM']I would buy but this is the rig I bought (cost me around £650).

If I were updating I'd be thinking of tc electronics rather than ibanez
and a suitable cab so I'm intrigued at your choice of ibanez.[/quote]

Tried the TC stuff, and while it's very nice, the combo with detachable head is a bit more appealing. I simply don't need anything bigger. Is there meant to be a link in your reply btw?