Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hartke hydrive 4x10 and lh500

jamesbass116

hey guys,

my plans for getting a combo have kind of fallen through, even moreso after i played through a killer hartke 4x10 cab with the hartke ha3500 head at a gig last night.
so, i might get the hydrive 4x10 and the lh500. anyone own any of these that could give me feedback?

so many amp posts... :)

any feedback would be much appreciated!!

thanks,
James

Edited by jamesbass116

So you've officially given up on the Bass Centre? Tough break man :)

I know the LH500 gets cracking reviews and is undeniably great value for money. My only gripe with it is it doesn't appear to have a speakon connector, but that's definitely more a minor niggle than anything else. Cant say much about the HyDrive Cab. But if it sounds like the XL series and is any lighter then your onto a winner.

[quote name='MythSte' post='723659' date='Jan 24 2010, 10:42 PM']So you've officially given up on the Bass Centre? Tough break man :)

I know the LH500 gets cracking reviews and is undeniably great value for money. My only gripe with it is it doesn't appear to have a speakon connector, but that's definitely more a minor niggle than anything else. Cant say much about the HyDrive Cab. But if it sounds like the XL series and is any lighter then your onto a winner.[/quote]

Yeah man, gave up after i found out they had no dealing connections to hartke at all. i've been recommended the bass merchant by gareth from hartke uk though, so all's good!

i've seen reviews for the lh500 too, sounds good based on reviews. Didn't realise there wasn't a speakon though, I could always get an adapter if it's desperately needed.. but it can't have been such an issue if i overlooked it that badly :rolleyes:

i'm fairly certain it was an XL cab i played through at the gig last night, really made my jazz bass growl! Hoping the hydrive 4x10 would do the same!

thanks,

James

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='723778' date='Jan 25 2010, 03:24 AM']I didn't like the Hydrive 4x10. Sealed cab and lacking bottom. Dunno if there is a ported one too.[/quote]

so should i maybe invest in the 'older' 410XL? or should i go with the Hydrive 115 cab?

i'd rather go with the XL so i save a bit of money! :)

thanks for the heads up,

James

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='723800' date='Jan 25 2010, 07:41 AM']so should i maybe invest in the 'older' 410XL? or should i go with the Hydrive 115 cab?

i'd rather go with the XL so i save a bit of money! :)

thanks for the heads up,

James[/quote]

If youve played an XL, dont mind the weight and need to save money then yes, Thats what i'd do!

I've gone a completely different route now guys!

Decided to go for a Hartke hm5410 combo... thanks to a handy loan of £300 to pay off the rest of the oncoming amp debts from the parents. I managed to raise the other £600 myself and i'm expected to pay off the £300 too so i'm more fortunate than spoilt if anything! :)

Reviews and pics whenever i decide to place my order with bass merchant, which should hopefully be in the next week!!

James

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='732068' date='Feb 1 2010, 07:02 PM']I've gone a completely different route now guys!

Decided to go for a Hartke hm5410 combo... thanks to a handy loan of £300 to pay off the rest of the oncoming amp debts from the parents. I managed to raise the other £600 myself and i'm expected to pay off the £300 too so i'm more fortunate than spoilt if anything! :rolleyes:

Reviews and pics whenever i decide to place my order with bass merchant, which should hopefully be in the next week!!

James[/quote]

I'm interested in finding our more about this combo. Let me know how you get on! :)