Why become a member? ×

Replcaing the Speaker

offom

I have an Aria Ab-25 and i feels buzzy when forcing the top strength strokes. I'm about to get a new speaker for it. Are car sound system based bass-subwoofer speakers suitable for such an application ?

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

[quote name='offom' post='722642' date='Jan 23 2010, 09:54 PM']I have an Aria Ab-25 and i feels buzzy when forcing the top strength strokes. I'm about to get a new speaker for it. Are car sound system based bass-subwoofer speakers suitable for such an application ?

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.[/quote]
No they are not the wattage ratings are almost never RMS which means they won't handle the power and the frequency response isn't good for bass either. In addition their efficiency is lower than most instrument speakers.

It sounds to me like you've outgrown your amp. It's really not cost effective to upgrade the speaker in an entry level practise amp, you'd be better off getting something a bit bigger.

Might be worth looking at the 'for sale' threads on this forum - there's often some good stuff at low prices, like this[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74648"]Ashdown[/url] or maybe this [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73876"]Warwick[/url]

A

I've bodged in a car stereo speaker into a dead practice amp, just so it would still make noise, its was for guitar and a door speaker, sort of worked, sounded dreadful (just like the amp did before I broke the old speaker).

If you put a car sub speaker in, it will probably be muffled and quiet. If you have one and the speaker in the combo is a dud, no loss trying it, but fairly sure it won't be great.

Just get a bigger amp. The Ashdown electric Blues seem to go for no money on local trade places.

Thanks for all.
I asked a local shop today and he turned to me with a lot of strange-terms-inc.-question.
Also asked my uncle who gets involved in such things.
And you.
Everybody said, I better go and get a big&new one.

No time to lose with this Aria thing. I looked up to the advertisements you suggested. Nearly they cost 500 TL at there, by the way they want us to pay 1000 TL in Türkiye. Will find a cheaper way.