Why become a member? ×

EXCHANGED Fender US Std. Precision bass V, PJ modified

alhbass

[attachment=40512:Os_Summer_08_006.jpg]

UPDATE 26/01/10 I think I can buy the kind of 4 string bass I'd like for about £600, so reckon I can afford to sell this one for £550...

Hello,

I'm selling my modified P-bass V.

It's a US Standard five string from 2007, in 3-colour sunburst, modified by the addition of Seymour Duncan "J" type bridge pickup (and volume knob).

I bought it (second hand) from Absolute Music in August 2008 (I have the log book), and had the bridge pickup added by Electro Music in Doncaster shortly after. They also changed the scratch plate from tortiose shell to black.

I like it very much and have used it a lot, but have decided to revert to a four string instrument and can't afford to keep both...

I think the J pickup modification is very succesful - the P pickup sounds just as it should of course, but having the option to switch/blend is great. In fact, if I end up buying a four string P-bass I might well do the same thing to it...

Dont know whether to expect the modification to add to or detract from the value - I think it's a great bonus of course, but guess some might not think so... Especially as it's a Seymour Duncan pickup rather than a Fender one (but Fender wouldn't sell me a single Jazz bridge pickup on its own). It's a good quality component though, and professionally fitted.

Attached are a couple of pics - before and after modification.

Serial number is Z7238426

I'm hoping to get £750* for the instrument, but am open to offers. (I paid £900 for it, before the cost of having the bridge pickup added.)

You're welcome to try before you buy of course - give me a call on 07710 928466 if you're at all interested.

Cosmetically and technically it's in very good, shiny nick.

[attachment=40513:bst2usfenpbass5_1_.jpg]

Here are some more pics....

It's currently strung with Rotosound Tru-bass nylon flats, but unless that's what you particularly want, I'd change those for something a little more conventional to sell it. Think I've currently got the Warwick Black Labels it came with, or some D'Addario Chromes. Might be able to dig out a set of Elixirs... Let me know if you're interested anyway.

[attachment=40529:Pbass_V_001.jpg][attachment=40530:Pbass_V_002.jpg][attachment=40531:Pbass_V_004.jp
g][attachment=40533:Pbass_V_013.jpg][attachment=40534:Pbass_V_006.jpg]

*not any more - see the Update above

Edited by alhbass

• 2 weeks later...