Why become a member? ×

genz benz shuttle

hagguy

been looking at some amps since i got rid of my little line 6 110 studio (75 watt)

genz benz shuttle with a 10" speaker is the one im looking at it will be
for home use only, but i'd like something decent without a massive rig
it has a detachable head to go into bigger cabs if i where to start gigging
i am a complete novice with amps so a bit of advice would be greatly apreiciated
i'm not really after another practice amp but open to advice on upgrades

thanx

shuttles are very clean, loud, and reliable hi-fi sounding amps.
[b]what sort of music do you play ?[/b]
if you need a dirty/overdriven sound [u]without[/u] using fx, then it's probably not for you.
i have shuttle 12.0 which i love for it's versatility (in terms of fx loops) and it's awesome, but like i say, clean compared to others.
a good booster like a sans-amp or the aphex x-citer really lifts it.
i use plenty of fx for the stuff i play, so i like it to start clean, so i can blend in what i need when necessary.
more info on your part would help anyone else who wants to recommend something appropriate.

i play mostly rock, indie music but like to slap aswell. ive got a line 6 floor pod
which i bought when i was in a band for a while it has a few patches that can get
tone from a behringer amp att the practice studio, if it can get a nice tone from
that hump of crap im sure it will work well with the genz. the main thing i want to know
is. is it worth the money the cheapest ive seen it is £568 which is alot for such a little thing
but all the reviews ive looked at no-one has a bad word to say about it.

Is it worth it?

Absolutely - cuts through in a band setting quite nicely - but most importantly it's lightweight. After a while of lugging heavy cabs around you get sick of all the problems - of having to ask the drummer for a lift ect...you get the picture.

The Genz 3 10 is VERY light. Worth every penny.

There is also the option of adding an extension cab (I'm just about to - but I do play in quite a loud band...) which opens up the full 300w as opposed to 175w with the standard speaker.

Sounds good at low volume for bedroom practice too.

FWIW I got mine as a bedroom amp, but was so impressed that's it's taken over duty from my rack setup.

Edited by Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='713759' date='Jan 15 2010, 02:00 PM']Is it worth it?

Absolutely - cuts through in a band setting quite nicely - but most importantly it's lightweight. After a while of lugging heavy cabs around you get sick of all the problems - of having to ask the drummer for a lift ect...you get the picture.

The Genz 3 10 is VERY light. Worth every penny.

There is also the option of adding an extension cab (I'm just about to - but I do play in quite a loud band...) which opens up the full 300w as opposed to 175w with the standard speaker.

Sounds good at low volume for bedroom practice too.

FWIW I got mine as a bedroom amp, but was so impressed that's it's taken over duty from my rack setup.[/quote]

thanks for the advice guys i think im just gonna go for it
ive bought basses that cost more than this without thinking
but thought i'd ask for some guidance first this time cos' there
has been some costly mistakes in the past

thanks

You enjoying it then? Glad to hear it.
I am actually really liking the acoustic bass that was included in the sale/trade. Finding it great for jamming to stuff on my computer whilst my amp is in the other room and I am meeting up with some of the guys in my band this weekend for a folk session.
Pleasure doing business with you

[quote name='d-basser' post='720746' date='Jan 22 2010, 03:55 AM']You enjoying it then? Glad to hear it.
I am actually really liking the acoustic bass that was included in the sale/trade. Finding it great for jamming to stuff on my computer whilst my amp is in the other room and I am meeting up with some of the guys in my band this weekend for a folk session.
Pleasure doing business with you[/quote]

loving the new rig man, plugged in the sandberg and went to town and its very impressive
got a great wee deal and hope the acoustic works for you, didnt use it much myself. smooth
easy deal can't ask for more tbh cheers dude! :) :rolleyes: