Why become a member? ×

Shack Up

thinman

I'm trying to play Banbarra's Shack Up.

See [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQnvj2EWNcI"]Shack Up[/url] for some groovy dancing, shirts and hair too.

It's seemingly simple but the two 16ths played at the beginning of each bar on an open E is quite difficult for me to get really controlled - it needs to be plucked and damped very quickly and I can't get it to sound "snappy".

Any tips?

Edited by thinman

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='713037' date='Jan 14 2010, 08:49 PM']I'm not sure what you mean. This is a relatively simple bassline and groove. Very straightforward.[/quote]

Maybe I just don't have the groove. It's the fact it's an open E that I find it a little difficult to control so that it "thumps" rather than "rings"?

Play the first note. Play the second note and immediately damp the E string with your other plucking finger - i.e. if you start with index, play note one with index, note two with middle, damping straight afterward with middle. There is a short gap 'til the next note, giving you time to readjust your plucking hand.