Why become a member? ×

Voodoo Power on Sandberg bass

ViaceslavSvedov

[quote name='ViaceslavSvedov' post='712760' date='Jan 14 2010, 04:58 PM']Hey everyone! Actually, I dont really like the covers :) but... [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhwWBvlDfu8"]here is my bass cover on [b]"Voodoo chile" & "Power". [/b][/url]

Enjoy and feel free to reply. :rolleyes:[/quote]

I hate to criticise you brother, because what you have done is technically excellent and very, very difficult, and you did it with soul. However, for me, it's not really in the pocket enough to be truly musical. It's not far off, but I think you rushed it. I think if you slow it down and play with the most basic "Boom Tish" drums and [u]really [/u]feel where the pulse is, you'll be totally on it as you gradually increase the speed back up to where it belongs. I just think you need to relax a bit and feel the pulse.

Bloody amazing though, congratulations! :lol:

Top stuff, looked like you were really enjoying yourself there. Some times people on these vids look like they're about to vomit!

By the way, what a coincidence you posting this at the very time I was watching Black Hawk down which has Stevie Ray Vaughn playing this on it...Spooky!

I liked it again.... one of the things I really like is that you're not afraid to put power in your playing, even if that means that you're taking risks and might miss a note. But you just go for it and you get away with it. I like bass-players who are not ashamed and don't stare at their toes.
I also like your choice of your notes. It seems to me that you play like you are : rather sure of yourself but there's no harm in that.
Great bass-playing, I like it a lot.

• 11 years later...