Why become a member? ×

New Nordstrand Pickups on Jazz

thumperbob 2002

Rang Mark at Bassdirect yesterday- was thinking about ordering an East Pre-Amp for my Fender MIA Jazz 5 Deluxe. The bass sounds great as it is but I would like it to sound fabulous- I am never satisfied I know!

He advised me to purchase a set of Nordstrands - the split coil ones - as he said the standard Fender items could be improved upon and this will give more tone than a new pre-amp- The fender is Active anyway.

They were delivered and fitted today.

I am frankly amazed at the difference- more clarity, midrange, bass- fantastic tone when the bass is EQ`d flat.

They were expensive at £210 but really worth it. Can`t see my self buying the East pre-amp now unless someone on here has some further advice!!

Cheers

Bob

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='712609' date='Jan 14 2010, 02:39 PM']Rang Mark at Bassdirect yesterday- was thinking about ordering an East Pre-Amp for my Fender MIA Jazz 5 Deluxe. The bass sounds great as it is but I would like it to sound fabulous- I am never satisfied I know!

He advised me to purchase a set of Nordstrands - the split coil ones - as he said the standard Fender items could be improved upon and this will give more tone than a new pre-amp- The fender is Active anyway.

They were delivered and fitted today.

I am frankly amazed at the difference- more clarity, midrange, bass- fantastic tone when the bass is EQ`d flat.

They were expensive at £210 but really worth it. Can`t see my self buying the East pre-amp now unless someone on here has some further advice!!

Cheers

Bob[/quote]
Hey Bob...did the same with my CS Jazz, was also very impressed...way way better than stock Fender pups...I put in the NJ4 se's...I also got the Redeemer curcuit from Mark and that was even better....

Edited by bubinga5