Why become a member? ×

Behringer ADI21

ardi100

I used to use one with my dean pace EUB. I threw it in with the pace when I sold it, but missed it so much I bought another one. I mostly use it to get a much classier acoustic guitar sound out of my stratacoustic than I would otherwise. I will probably be using it to DI my ABG into the PA at a jam night tomorrow - not sure how that'll go. I'd imagine that the sweepable mid wouldn't be much use for taming feedback, but its so cheap it has to worth a punt - if it doesn't help with the feedback I'm sure you'll get your money's worth of eq. The [url="http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/behringer-shark-dsp110-multi-function-signal-processor--13084"]behringer shark[/url] might be worth a look for a dedicated auto feedback buster.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='709343' date='Jan 11 2010, 08:41 PM']I used to use one with my dean pace EUB. I threw it in with the pace when I sold it, but missed it so much I bought another one. I mostly use it to get a much classier acoustic guitar sound out of my stratacoustic than I would otherwise. I will probably be using it to DI my ABG into the PA at a jam night tomorrow - not sure how that'll go. I'd imagine that the sweepable mid wouldn't be much use for taming feedback, but its so cheap it has to worth a punt - if it doesn't help with the feedback I'm sure you'll get your money's worth of eq. The [url="http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/behringer-shark-dsp110-multi-function-signal-processor--13084"]behringer shark[/url] might be worth a look for a dedicated auto feedback buster.[/quote]

Thanks, I was thinking if the feedback came from mids I could isolate the frequencey and shut it down. I might have to have a play with one and see.

[quote name='ardi100' post='710538' date='Jan 12 2010, 08:34 PM']Thanks, I was thinking if the feedback came from mids I could isolate the frequencey and shut it down. I might have to have a play with one and see.[/quote]
I don't think it would cut the frequency precisely enough without taking out a lot of the tone you probably need more of a notch filter. I could be wrong though.

However I can report though that I used my ADI21 as a DI box for the first time tonight at a jam night to plug my ABG into the PA & it performed well. No other bassists (& hardly any other musicians) turned up so I was playing for most of the evening. I wasn't troubled by feedbackat all, but not because of the ADI21, but I was using a feedback buster - rubber disc thing that plugs into the soundhole - if only they made f-hole shaped ones as well for DBs... :)