Why become a member? ×

Nemesis na650

bassmeg

Got a new amp so i would like to move on my old one. Its been used in pubs a lot, but has always been been encased/racked. It works absolutely fine and pushes out a lot of power, although i have only driven it at 2ohm loads a few times.

275w @ 8ohms
440w @ 4ohms
650w @ 2ohms

The only issue with it (which is a non issue if you use it correctly) is that you cannot allow the clip light to be on more often than not as it engages the protection curcuit and cuts out for a few seconds. It says this in the instructions booklet. In the real world, i keep the input gain down low (just under the clip light) and have dont have any problems.

It has a valve emulation curcuit, warmth control(cuts mids),on board comp, gain boost, semi para EQ, 3 band EQ, DI out with signal control, effects loop, tuner out, footswitch (for mute and edge control) 2 speakon outputs and 2 jack outs.

I am based in Portsmouth, but work in Reading I will post but prefer to deal face to face.

[attachment=39896:efteling...tons_126.JPG]
[attachment=39897:efteling...tons_127.JPG]
[attachment=39898:efteling...tons_128.JPG]
[attachment=39899:efteling...tons_129.JPG]
[attachment=39900:efteling...tons_131.JPG]
[attachment=39901:efteling...tons_132.JPG]
[attachment=39902:efteling...tons_133.JPG]

Comes with footswitch and carpeted rack.

Edited by bassmeg

[quote name='Merton' post='707599' date='Jan 10 2010, 01:01 PM']Oooh. Quite fancy one of these again but trying to slim down to buy a house! I wonder if i should sell my beloved LH500..? Hmmm.[/quote]

I was going to get rid of this for an LH500! Got a Genz shuttle 3.0 instead. Can you believe i have to tape it down when in use! Going from 20+kgs to 1kgs is quite a difference and looks quite rediculous with my 6x10 cab.

[quote name='Merton' post='707608' date='Jan 10 2010, 01:09 PM']Haha! If you hadn't got the Shuttle we could have swapped. Ah well... Let me have a ponder :)[/quote]
Here we go again Mert!! :rolleyes:

It is very tempting I would imagine.. Especially as it's a good price for a very well-featured amp with plenty of power and the ability to run at 2 ohms..
I used to use mine with an SWR Triad and an SWR 210 and it was a really, really good sound..

Good luck with it!

A quick post to make public a very generous offer of Chris' (er, that's bassmeg!). He's going to lend me the NA650 for a gig next weekend so I can A/B it against my LH500 and decide whether or not to pull the trigger (of course if my various bits sell then the decision will be a lot easier hopefully :lol: ). I'm arranging the courier at my cost - if i like i then buy, if I don't like I get the amp back to Chris by Jan 27th. The reason I'm letting everyone know is so Chris has peace of mind I won't disappear with the amp. There's no place to hide for me - a number of you guys on here have my phone no. and/or email address (and maybe even know where I live :rolleyes: ) but I know I'm an honest chap and will have this all wrapped up one way or the other by Jan 27th. Hopefully I'll be in possession of a 2nd bass amp :)

Cheers bassmeg!