Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass® TB

orangepeelneil

Hello Everyone,

-I've recently bought a old 80's Tokai Hardpuncher off LoudandClear, so one of my basses has to go to pay for it (my new policy!) I've decided to sell my Squire Vintage Modified Precision bass (really a Tele Bass), for no other reason than I haven't been playing it, and I favour my P basses to be honest.The bass has been upgraded to improve what was essentially a really good solid bass.I won't list the basic specification here as it obtainable from the Squier website.

[i]-I bought the bass off a basschatter around 18 months ago.
-The machine heads/tuners had been upgraded to nice Schaller's (£50) which do a fantastic job and it also had an original Fender telebass bridge cover fitted (£15)
-I instantly loved the way the bass played acoustically but (for my own taste) I couldn't get a good usable tone from the pickups, too muddy (mudbucker syndrome).After considering my options I had the original Fender TEB101 pickup rewound by Andy at Wizard pickups for clarity(something more akin to a standard P bass single coil tone) see receipt (£45)
-I also upgraded the pots/capacitor and fully screened all the cavities
[/i]
The bass really plays great, it has a really good action and set up and plays like a much more expensive model.Tonally I find it much more versatile with better defintion,clarity and top end- although Its still a hot pick up (16K Ohms).

The modifications really enhance the bass, although keep it (fairly) standard looking.

[u]Condition wise[/u]

-The neck is A1, mint. It has no marks at all you wouldn't even know its been used at all.
-The new machine heads having a larger footprint than the originals, cover some of the rear text.
-The body is very good condition, no chips or dings, there is light stratching to the laquer both front and rear.
-The pickguard has scratching and some small extra holes/marks where an alternative pickup was tried, these a negligible and can only be seen very close up.

I'm looking for [size=3]£175[/size] for the bass which covers my costs. I'm mindful that you can buy these new for £230, but the modifications are really subtle and usable, it will also be a thirdhand bass (although I've never played it outside the house).

Supplied with a (non padded) gigbag.

Collection/ trial in Central Bristol no delivery as yet, but may consider if I get a box! I'd prefer the buyer to come and play/test the bass to ensure they are happy.

Cheers Neil

• 2 weeks later...

That used to belong to me!

she's stunning. I put the Schallers on and they made such a difference to the sound and sustain. Would love to hear how the re-wind sounds.

The little nick it the scratchplate was due to previous fitting of a dimarzio model one pup.

good luck

andy

Edited by andy67