Why become a member? ×

1971 Fender Jazz Bass for sale : SOLD !

paulie

My Sadowsky is now sold but this 71 is still available. I have had lots of offers and I am willing to look at a nice 4 string bass with cash adjustment.
This really was the nicest jazz bass I ever played and I have tried many, its just that I now have a pre CBS which has even more mojo!

Remember, its all original, in good condition, rare custom colour and its light!

Thanks
Paul

[quote name='Jebo1' post='703597' date='Jan 6 2010, 10:37 PM']Crikey, what's my 66' Candy Apple Red bass in un-touched condition worth?

I have to say I paid very little more for it a few years ago than this one...

Lovely bass, and CARs are the most desirable. They made very very few in the later 60s and 70s - all special order.[/quote]

Hiya mate
Long time, hope all's well. In answer to your question I'd say a lot! I can look it up in the 2010 Vintage Guitar Price Guide if you want!
Lovely '71 there Paulie
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='710695' date='Jan 12 2010, 10:27 PM']I can look it up in the 2010 Vintage Guitar Price Guide if you want![/quote]

Just checked, $9,000-$11,500 for normal colours and $11,500-$14,000 for rare colours. I'm assuming red's rare?

C

Sure is rare, it was all white or sunburst back then

Good vintage instruments are a great investment, you get to play and enjoy them will they sit there increasing in value.

And why are they worth so much? Well compare any bass such as a Fodera, Alembic etc to a nice vintage Fender Jazz and youll take the Jazz any day I reckon, feel and sound and most of all MOJO