Why become a member? ×

Line 6 bass floor pod

TGEvans

Yes to a tuner but I don't own a 5 string so don't know on low B. I have stuck my double bass through it and it had no problem with the bass there. Equally I don't use distortion on my playing. It sounded like distortion on bass but I'm no expert in this field. Quite a tidy bit of kit IMHO

thank you.think one of these may be my next purchase!did have the big floor pod.loved the sounds I had from it but it was just too much for me.I want as simple a set up as possible. If i were to set up a pedal board I would get a tuner,compressor, a few distortions and a volume pedal. So this unit has all those covered plus more in reserves. Can the amp modelling be turned off though?just use the effects bits?thanks,t

Ive got the floorpod and I've got to say, great bit of kit.

You can't turn off the amp modelling, but if you want distortion you need to choose from the available amps that are on there for distortion, by that I mean distortion settings are under amp modelling not effects. The amp options are clean, RnB, Rock, Brit, Grind, Synth. You can get a great bit of distortion with the Rock, Brit and Grind, they really do sound like completely different creatures too!

I used to have one of these and I found the tuner fine, although I only ever used it with a four string.

You can't turn the amp modelling off, but one of the settings (the one modelling an Eden, from memory) is actually very clean and transparent, and I used to run that when I wanted an uncoloured sound.

And the compressor is as good as any I've used in a pedal. Much better than the compressors in most multi-effects.

• 4 weeks later...

ah! was looking to see if anyone has ever posted about these- ive had one for over a year now and cant fault it....multifx have come on a long way since the last time i tried any (in the 90s - i must be getting old as all of a sudden that seems / sound like a LOOOONG time ago!)