Why become a member? ×

Cab recommendation please!

KiOgon

Happy new year to all :)
Since having my Peavey valve amp for guitar I'm in love with valves again & this year's must have - for me - is a small all valve bass amp, upgrade from my TE Boxer 65.
The best fit for what I need (home practice + get togethers in small halls at the most!) seems to be the 'Little Bastard' from Ashdown. Only 30 Watt, but they're valve driven watts! My main restraint being 'lack of £££s' & main criteria being quality of sound over volume or power handling, I'm looking for suggestions please?

Hoping to spend under £200, looking at Ashdown 210 or even 115 but they're so 'over power rated' I want to find the best tone & frequency range for use at the lower end of sound/volume levels.

Why do so many cab makers seem unwilling to advertise proper specs like frequency range, db spl etc.? I've only found some specs for the Ashdown range & it looks as if 2x10s will cover the range better than 1x15 without horn or tweeter.
Can't find anything much with 12" drivers?

Cheers,
John

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='KiOgon' post='698209' date='Jan 1 2010, 06:17 PM']Happy new year to all :)
Since having my Peavey valve amp for guitar I'm in love with valves again & this year's must have - for me - is a small all valve bass amp, upgrade from my TE Boxer 65.
The best fit for what I need (home practice + get togethers in small halls at the most!) seems to be the 'Little Bastard' from Ashdown. Only 30 Watt, but they're valve driven watts! My main restraint being 'lack of £££s' & main criteria being quality of sound over volume or power handling, I'm looking for suggestions please?

Hoping to spend under £200, looking at Ashdown 210 or even 115 but they're so 'over power rated' I want to find the best tone & frequency range for use at the lower end of sound/volume levels.

Why do so many cab makers seem unwilling to advertise proper specs like frequency range, db spl etc.? I've only found some specs for the Ashdown range & it looks as if 2x10s will cover the range better than 1x15 without horn or tweeter.
Can't find anything much with 12" drivers?

Cheers,
John[/quote]
Wrong forum mate, put it in the amps section.

Zach