Why become a member? ×

bit of a project bass

umph

right this bass used to be a crafter bass that i picked up for cheap and attempted to refinish myself and only got as far as doing a half arsed attempt at sanding it down. I used it for experimenting with valve preamps in basses thus the jack on the front and the xlr input and one of the pot holes has been enlarged for a multiway switch.

saying all that though this bass is EXTREMELY light and has quite a growly sound and the action isn't terrible (i've never been arsed to set it up properly). it could really do with some new pick ups and some shielding in the cavity as its a little bit noisey when you've not got both pick ups on full. It's only wired for a volume on each pick up at the minute though and no tone but everything is working fine.

Price wise shoot me some offers but i'd be happy with something around 30squids and would prefer pick up but i can arrange for it to be couriered at buyers expense

knobs not included ;o

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='692593' date='Dec 23 2009, 09:20 PM']Is it a bolt on neck?
How much to Oxford?[/quote]
aye its a bolt on, i'm unsure how much it costs to ship basses as i've not done it before but i'm guessing around 25pounds?